Author Thread
JonLeeJunior

View Profile
A Disparity in Intelligence
Posted : 4 Jan, 2021 01:17 AM

Yes, Marcouse, all well said.

People who feel the need to claim that education opportunity and intelligence are the same usually doubt their own noggin.

I am absolutely useless at learning foreign languages, but have an MA in applied linguistics. This was because the course was running part-time at my local university back when that particular set of hours allowed me to attend while claiming unemployment benefit at the time. It was about money and political circumstance.

I know a Bengali chef in Beijing, where I worked, who has a gift for languages. But he doesn't have any college certificates, even though he is much more intellectually gifted than I am with regards to language-learning. He was born poor and in a political system that did not favour him.

Intelligence is an over-rated word. It is best kept for Alsatian dogs, dolphins and chimps.

Jon Lee Junior obviously doesn't have as much of it as he wished - or he still wouldn't still be looking for a wife, decades on; but would already have a quiver full of arrows.

Jon Lee Junior

'Annoying other people since 1966'

JonLeeJunior

View Profile
I dont know how to be funny
Posted : 3 Jan, 2021 11:44 PM

Hi JC,

don't worry - on an Internet-dating site a sense of humour counts for very little. The cyber-world's vital stats go for indicators of wealth, age and height before the guy is swiped over to the delete can to make room for someone who will hopefully be better. A humorous message will not even be read if you are under 6ft.

Even in real life, having a stable job is more important for building a stable relationship.

Women say they like a good sense of humour but in truth they only value it as a welcome add-on, not an essential. Evolution - or, God's Creationist bio-matrix - is set that women need a safe nest and a hunky male to show off and threaten others by.

I have a sense of humour (so much so that I wondered if this posting of yours were a joke tease by a pal of yours) but not much money or a stable job. Result: still single.

Advice, don't try to be funny/humorous; as the quality of comedy is not strained. Relax and it will work out. .Just feel light and humorous and easy-going in yourself and say little

The fact that you value humour is a sign that you're healthy up top.

God Bless, Jon Lee Junior

'Annoying other people since 1966'

JonLeeJunior

View Profile
I'm not a catfish
Posted : 30 Dec, 2020 12:19 AM

Yep, good point, Benny. Also, how much harm can a woman come to by messaging a guy on CDFF. None.

Any risk only occurs at a much later stage, to which the lady never reaches - because she uses the excuse that any and every body is a cat fish.

Are they just using the cat-fish/sock-puppet security mantra as a tease and for an attention-seeking refusal to politely reply to messages. Also, what are they doing on the site in the first place if they are going to frame all human interaction in such a negative way?

For instance, a mature self-respecting woman would say - 'Hi Jon, thank you for your interest in me. But I feel that we aren't a match - and would like to stop messaging now. God Bless.'

If she is busy she could just cut and paste the pro-forma reply without a name. And hey, you know, Ladies, guys like Benny and Jon too might just be busy.

But instead, most women on dating websites think they can tease us along by blanking us. Such selfish haughtiness shows in their character when they meet other people, as well. And before they know it those rapidly-aging coquettes become the overweight old maids whom no one messages now. That's called 'The Ticking Timepiece of Old Testament Justice'.

In the unlikely event that any lady replies to any of my messages in any way - even as a polite rejection - I read a Psalm for her, dedicating the prayer to her intentions.

I did this for a pleasant Filipino lady and she responded in kind, saying a prayer for me in return. A nice way to terminate e- contact.

Will pop up a quick prayer for you here, BennyBlessed -

Jon Lee Junior in the UK

JonLeeJunior

View Profile
I'm not a catfish
Posted : 30 Dec, 2020 12:18 AM

Yep, good point, Benny. Also, how much harm can a woman come to by messaging a guy on CDFF. None.

Any risk only occurs at a much later stage, to which the lady never reaches - because she uses the excuse that any and every body is a cat fish.

Are they just using the cat-fish/sock-puppet security mantra as a tease and for an attention-seeking refusal to politely reply to messages. Also, what are they doing on the site in the first place if they are going to frame all human interaction in such a negative way?

For instance, a mature self-respecting woman would say - 'Hi Jon, thank you for your interest in me. But I feel that we aren't a match - and would like to stop messaging now. God Bless.'

If she is busy she could just cut and paste the pro-forma reply without a name. And hey, you know, Ladies, guys like Benny and Jon too might just be busy.

But instead, most women on dating websites think they can tease us along by blanking us. Such selfish haughtiness shows in their character when they meet other people, as well. And before they know it those rapidly-aging coquettes become the overweight old maids whom no one messages now. That's called 'The Ticking Timepiece of Old Testament Justice'.

In the unlikely event that any lady replies to any of my messages in any way - even as a polite rejection - I read a Psalm for her, dedicating the prayer to her intentions.

I did this for a pleasant Filipino lady and she responded in kind, saying a prayer for me in return. A nice way to terminate e- contact.

Will pop up a quick prayer for you here, BennyBlessed -

Jon Lee Junior in the UK

JonLeeJunior

View Profile
Please pray for me as I try to lose weight
Posted : 15 Dec, 2020 06:56 AM

Hello, I too have struggled with body image issues and my weight. At the moment I am not overweight, but I constantly have to count calories. Ok, here is my tip: mash potatoes (no butter) with baked beans and tuna in spring water will fill you. So will low fat Greek yoghurt, enlivened with some berries. Believe me, the calorie content against the satiety of these foods will leave feeling full. And you won't overeat, because it would take a bucket of low-fat Greek yoghurt to exceed your calorie count.