Author Thread
twaldo82

View Profile
Homosexuality
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:35 AM

Remember, the title of this post is about homosexuality. Not immorality. And since the bible seems pretty clear that homosexuality is immoral, that is the only stance a christian can take...in my view.

Perhaps the question is what do we do about it? Or what am I called to do about it?

And I agree with the notion that it is not discriminatory in the same way other things are. But as christians, we live our lives based on biblical truth. The world does not. So why would we expect them to adhere to our truths?

Does it make me angry? YES, it does.

twaldo82

View Profile
Christian dating
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:24 AM

I agree with Cobbler.

Now you know, there are some teachings that suggest that their really is no true difference between dating and courting, and that for younger people at least, dating should not even occur. That only marriage worthy individuals should begin courting, which is what we know as dating.

Otherwise, I would suggest that a working man's definition is that dating is the enjoyment of doing on dates with others, and courting is when you are seriously investgating marriage with that particular someone.

twaldo82

View Profile
How many sites
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:19 AM

I don't think that the number of sites you are on is an important issue. The important issue is how you are treating others that you meet.

I have been on as many as 3 sites simultaneously, at rare times, but only to increase my chances of meeting 1 person!

This site may be the best because...well...this guy :dancingp:

twaldo82

View Profile
I met this lady online
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:13 AM

Are you suggesting that someone on this site is only giving lip service to her christianity and not truly living a surrendered life? No WAY!!!

Ok, sorry. I am being facetious. I would suggest that 75% of people on this site are lip serving God. And yes, I think your instincts about her are probably right on. And it is frustrating. I think the past does need to stay in the past, if I understand you right.

twaldo82

View Profile
Photos photos photos
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 08:08 AM

Maybe this is an old topic, but it keeps coming up with me and also with the stories that women share with me online.

I get a sense that ladies resent the fact that men want to see full body photos when meeting on a dating site. I sense that many women feel that men do not need to be assessing a woman based on what he sees in photos.

How many of the ladies here only post a head shot? Is that because she does not like the way her body looks and is afraid if she displays it no one will want to meet her?

What if she waits to reveal more photos later and then the man does not like it? Is that a better scenario?

Is one of the realities of Online dating, that you have to present yourself upfront and honestly in order to expect the same?

What is your view on this?

twaldo82

View Profile
Was he a creep or am I overreacting?
Posted : 29 Jul, 2011 07:54 AM

Most of the comments you have quoted seem to be reasonable on their own. But when they are all coming from one person it begins to tell a story. The comment where he asked you send a childhood photo of yourself is the one I don't like. Again, when tying it into all of the other comments.

I feel an alarm bell go off in my head.

Tom (47male)