Author Thread
Dorksterman

View Profile
Will be a christian in hell?
Posted : 16 Jun, 2011 09:30 AM

I completely agree with that.

If you're a Christian in hell, then you weren't ever really a Christian. It's that simple.

As Christians, we should be after God's heart. I think so many of us, especially in the beginning, say with side with God in order to avoid Hell, but this is the wrong focus. We should focus on loving God and seeking his will and building a relationship with him. We need to stop focusing on the bare minimum we can do to save our bacon. When we sin, we break God's heart and he yet saves us from the pit! If you're really wanting to be a Christian, you will understand this and your relationship with will lead you to not want to sin anyways. I'm not saying it will make you perfect, but the more God is in your life, the easier it is to resist temptations to begin with.

Dorksterman

View Profile
Have you ever been so ashamed...
Posted : 15 Jun, 2011 01:26 PM

In my late teens, the behavior I saw exhibited from other Christians actually made me question everything I knew up to that point and I actually went God-less for about two years.

Long story short, I had to realize that just because those people allegedly represent God doesn't mean they are doing it well. And yes, we are all capable of making similar mistakes, but these were people I didn't feel were even really trying. They just had it all figured out for themselves and everyone else could...go to hell lol.

I eventually found my way back to God from scratch, better than I was before, and with a new determination to strive to be a better representative for God. Just goes to show you how God can use nearly any situation for the purposes of good. It amazes me!!

Dorksterman

View Profile
Hey! Hope we can chat! :)
Posted : 15 Jun, 2011 07:32 AM

Hey folks! I'm DeAndre'. I'm 25 years old. Lived in Georgia all of my life. Umm... ya know, all this stuff is in my profile. I'm not repeating it lol.

I guess I'm here to make friends, but I'm open to more. I'm a man trying to be after the heart of God. I'm not one to go to church. I've gotten more out of not going to church than all the years I spent going. Church is wherever me and Elohim fellowship.

I'm a bit of a car nerd, weapons nerd, anime nerd lite lol. I try to know a bit about a lot of things and I'm open to learning new stuff. Would love to chat with you if you're interested :)