Author Thread
hwkns_dn

View Profile
Going To Sunday School
Posted : 1 May, 2014 03:38 PM

There are some that just go to church services. What that means is they do not go to Sunday school.

ACTS 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

You can go to church services and get some of Gods word. But getting together with your church family or another and studying Gods word will help you really learn the bible well and get a blessing out of it also.

1JOHN 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If you're not saved today here is a sample prayer ask God for salvation in Jesus Christ's Name. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Christ for your salvation.

The words themselves will not save you. Only faith "full belief" in Jesus Christ can provide salvation.

�Dear Heavenly father I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Christ took the punishment that I deserve, so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven?"

"Jesus Christ, with your help I place my trust in you for salvation, and I ask that you will forgive me of my sins. I thank you Lord for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.�

Go tell a Christian church you have asked Christ for salvation.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
If you knew there was a way to have eternal life.
Posted : 10 Apr, 2014 08:18 AM

Would you take it?

Jesus Christ is the only one that gives salvation. There are no prerequisites to receiving salvation. You'll never be good enough or have the perfect intentions or motives.

ACTS 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Heaven is not a reward its a gift. For example you get a reward for doing something good. You get gift because a person loves you.

JOHN 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

You can have this security also, all you have to do is believe that Christ came here and died conquering hell and the grave for you and ask Him for forgiveness. Life everlasting is there for you to choose.

JOHN 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Only faith "full belief" in Jesus Christ can provide salvation. Ask Christ for salvation and go fellowship, Sunday school is a very good way to learn what God has for you.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
Sodom and Gomorrah
Posted : 6 Mar, 2014 11:48 AM

If you know Christ as your savior you need to spread the word of salvation to other people. Do you always have to spread the word through visitation. Its not the only way but visitation is the only way to get the word of salvation to people you wouldn't necessarily see. If you don't do anything nothing will be done; it's that simple.

MATTHEW 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

When you visit someones house are they always going to be nice to you. No not always, does that mean you need to keep Gods word to yourself. No

Should we go unto the world like the Lord wants us to or should we let it get so bad that we will be like Sodom and Gomorrah. It will effect you before long not necessarily like Sodom and Gomorrah but it will effect the peace you have in life. He did not give us choice just so we would choose to do nothing.

God does not want to punish you the only one that is going to punish you is yourself God gave us choice. The main choice is whether to follow Christ as a sacrifice for our sin or to not believe in Christ. You will end up destroying yourself if you don't depend on God. God will not step in if you haven't asked Him to. You have to choose to do the right thing yourself.

GENESIS 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous; 21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Why would God create us my guess is God knew what it would be like to have kids and the joy they bring. When your raising your kids/kid as God does us you will also see what God sees and the responsibility it takes.

Like our child we are never growing up their is always something in life we need guidance on. God sees far beyond what we are even able to understand so like your kids/kid you might never understand the reason for something in life you just have to obey.

GENESIS 18:25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right? 26 And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

Why was the people of Sodom and Gomorrah like they was. The main reason was because they didn't study God's law. The less you study His word the farther you will get away from God.

GENESIS 19:1 And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing [them] rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

Here is a sample prayer if you're not saved today ask God for salvation in Jesus Christ's Name. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Christ for your salvation.

The words themselves will not save you. Only faith "full belief" in Jesus Christ can provide salvation.

�Dear Heavenly father I know that I have sinned against you and am deserving of punishment. But Christ took the punishment that I deserve, so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven?"

"Jesus Christ, with your help I place my trust in you for salvation, and I ask that you will forgive me of my sins. I thank you for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.�

Go tell a Christian church you have asked Christ for salvation and go to Sunday school you'll find fellowship and the study of the bible to be a great help as you grow as a Christian.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
The Second And Third Day
Posted : 1 Feb, 2014 06:10 PM

I did not say that was the particular way you had to say that prayer. You could just say it as simple as the guy on the cross next to Christ said it as long as you mean it.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
The Second And Third Day
Posted : 1 Feb, 2014 01:18 PM

Then came the second and third day and God gave us clouds in the sky and land and seas under the sky.

GENESIS 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

To prepare the earth for all living things God gave us every kind fruit and vegetable that we needed to live off of.

GENESIS 1:9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. 11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. 12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. 13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Here is a sample prayer if you're not saved today ask God for salvation in Jesus Christ's Name. Saying this prayer is a way to declare to God that you are relying on Christ for your salvation.

"Jesus Christ, with your help I place my trust in you for salvation, and I ask that you will forgive me of my sins. I thank you for your wonderful grace and forgiveness.�

Go tell a Christian church you have asked Christ for salvation and go to Sunday school you'll find fellowship and the study of the bible to be a great help as you grow as a Christian.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
Do I believe in God?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2014 07:04 AM

Unless we have salvation there is no way to live like we are saved. We will not have the Holy Spirit guiding us in the way we should go. If I lived as �though� I was truly saved without asking Christ for salvation I would go to hell. We have to know and it�s not that hard to know.

DEUTERONOMY 11:16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;

There are some questions you need to ask yourself. Do I believe in God? Do I believe God sent His beloved son here to die for a sinful world? Do I Believe Christ went to the cross, was crucified, went to hell, conquered it and rose from the grave to give salvation? Have I repented of my sin and asked Christ for salvation? If you haven�t asked yourself that you need to.

PSALMS 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

We all sin and will till we die. You can have comfort in knowing that you are saved from your sin and there is nothing that can pull us away from Christ including ourselves.

MATTHEW 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
For What Shall It Profit A Man
Posted : 1 Dec, 2013 03:51 PM

The main thing you will ever do is ask Christ for salvation. Everyone comes to a point in life when they will have to choose it or not.

MARK 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Becoming completely dependent on God will for some be fairly easy for others it takes a person seeing there wretched state and a full surrender to God. For me it took until i had see how bad i was.

JOHN 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Christ loves you and knows that you have pressure on yourself. The devil does not care but with Christ you can handle that pressure.

HEBREWS 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
The Holy Spirit
Posted : 2 Nov, 2013 04:07 PM

God made hell for the devil but the devil wants to take as many as he can with him. God sent Christ as a sacrifice to keep us from Hell.

ISAIAH 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

The Holy Spirit will do one of two things to start with. He will reveal to your heart our savior Jesus Christ or if you won�t ask for salvation after he has tried enough he will leave you alone to live your life.

The Spirit after you turn Him away for the last time knows that you will not surrender your soul to Christ.

JOHN 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

You will not understand Gods word until the Spirit revels it to your heart to ask our Lord for salvation. Once you are saved the spirit will reveal further Gods word to you.

EPHESIANS 1:13 In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

It will not be possible to know that Christ is our Lord unless the Holy Spirit is leading you.

1CORINTHIANS 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and [that] no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

hwkns_dn

View Profile
The Separation of Church and State
Posted : 2 Oct, 2013 09:25 PM

DontHitThatMark - Amen

hwkns_dn

View Profile
The Separation of Church and State
Posted : 2 Oct, 2013 08:10 AM

We came to this country for freedom. In Europe at the time it wasn't even an idea. The reason for �The Separation of Church and State� was for freedom. Christ tells us to go unto the world and tell of His salvation. We want to have the freedom to do that which is right.

MARK 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

For example, you will not find anything in the Ten Commandments that a person shouldn�t obey. There are governments that are not as lenient as we are. In fact there are governments that kill Christians just for being a christian.

JOHN 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

�The Separation of Church and State - The constitution states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.� People confuse that as meaning government shouldn't have any Christian monuments i.e. the Ten Commandments in court houses or do any Christian thing. Quite the contrary.

It simply means that government will not make any law to prohibit or rule over anyone from believing any way. It gives people the right to choose. Other countries suffer because they don't have the law.

ACTS 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men [and] brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

We are lucky in America we can spread Gods word without worrying much about persecution. But even though in the uttermost parts of the Earth we need to spread that Christ will give salvation to anyone.

1THESSALONIANS 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, [even] Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

A person cannot spread Gods word sitting at home doing nothing. We have to get out of the house and tell people of Christ. We can�t leave it up to our pastors and deacons to be the only one�s telling of our Lords great salvation.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9