Author Thread
JourneyCC

View Profile
Misconception?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2011 06:10 PM

True & False.....

I do think men care more about rejection than women, based on my observations (so true). However, I don't think women can "take or leave" men easier. If anything I think we are created more "companionshipy" and less "solitudey" than men (so false on that). Men tend to withstand singleness with more "whateverness" than women do in my observations and over-hearings......

Boy was that a lot of made up words :ROFL:

Hope that helps.

JourneyCC

View Profile
enhancing breast implants?
Posted : 14 Sep, 2011 10:33 AM

PS - I paint my toes, wear make up, use anti-wrinkle creams, highlight my hair and god bless creams, serums, lotions, potions, peels that make me look less scary! :ROFL:

JourneyCC

View Profile
enhancing breast implants?
Posted : 14 Sep, 2011 10:17 AM

LOL Semper.....

I think implants though riskier are no different than dying your hair! It's ALTERING what you naturally have. That said, I see nothing wrong with either. A person can't justify altering hair, and say implants are wrong........well they can, but they'd appear illogical :ROFL:

Journey

JourneyCC

View Profile
Kids Meeting the New Person?
Posted : 14 Sep, 2011 10:08 AM

Hi Everyone :glow:

I'm curious about your introducing the new person experiences. The good, the bad, the ugly! When? Where?

I am very protective of my kids and have not let them meet anyone that I've dated since separating from their dad. I am protective of their overall well-being in the long run and do not want to expose them to anyone unless I'm seriously contemplating marrying someone.

What has worked for you? Not worked for you?

JourneyCC

View Profile
Luke 11:34-36 -- Your Thoughts on it's Meaning?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2011 05:40 PM

Just throwing this out...... I would look heavily at the verse preceding it V. 33, to gain what Luke meant in those verses. It says:

"No one, when he has lit a lamp, puts it in a secret place or under a basket, but on a lampstand, that those hwo come in may see the light." NKJV

Luke was probably writing to Theophilus, a possible unbeliever who had heard the WOrd, but was struggling with having faith. This could be applied to any christian or non christian struggling.

When you put Vs. 34-36 with the pre-emptive implication from v. 33, I believe Luke was saying, if you put holiness in, you'll get holiness out, and vice versa, if you put crud in, you'll get crud out! ........and it's implication is to be guarded about what goes in, that you may be a testament to His holiness and grace!

Just my 2 cents :angel:

JourneyCC

View Profile
Mental Age & the Great Divide......
Posted : 12 Sep, 2011 09:36 AM

:ROFL: ........ you don't "want to couch potato" :ROFL:

JourneyCC

View Profile
First date
Posted : 12 Sep, 2011 06:43 AM

I love he said/she said's! I LOVE getting both sides of the story.

I am so happy for you both and thank you for sharing this journey with the rest of us.

May the Lord bless you wherever your journey leads.:angel:

JourneyCC

View Profile
Whats Wrong?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2011 06:35 AM

Hi :)

Let me preface answering your question with, there is nothing wrong with your profile if it's a true representation of you!

That said a few things pop out to me:

1. You start almost every sentence with "I", "I am" , "I want", or "I ....". It gives the connotation everything is about you and want you want, think, feel, etc. Perhaps reword some of the sentences so they don't all start with "I".

2. Proof read and edit your profile as you have quite a few gramatical errors.

3. You state a few times you are not too picky, particular, etc about things, this could be conceived as you are careless or lack individualness or lack discipline. Maybe reword those sentences.

The content isn't bad, it's just some of the wording. And we females are big into wording :ROFL:

Hope this helps :)

JourneyCC

View Profile
Are Those Who Hide...Liers?
Posted : 11 Sep, 2011 06:47 AM

Ouch!!!! :ROFL:

Remind me to have you represent me OShea if Iever find myself needing someone to use my own logic against me! Well Done!

JourneyCC

View Profile
Are Those Who Hide...Liers?
Posted : 10 Sep, 2011 06:43 AM

Judge not, lest ye be judged....

Not to mention, God is the only true judger.

As a woman I agree with the above poster that stated men get very defensive when you view their profile and then aren't interested in them. This saves a painful step for them.

I don't hide, because I view only a few profiles, but if I did, I would hide as well.

I can see you have strong feelings about this, and it's very black and white to you. HOwever, I've found in life, very few things are truly black and white ......except what is printed in the Bible, and the bible doesn't touch on "hiding" profile observations. And clearly, hiding on an internet site for beneficient reasons, is clearly nowhere not lying, well not the Lord's definition of lying (even if it might be yours).

PS- To answer your question, no I do not view the men that hide from me as liars, nor sneaky, nor of maleficent intent. Not all men can be as bold and extroverted as I am. It's not fair for me to expect my values to be imposed on them :angel:

Page : 1 2 3 4