Author Thread
jenniferr1988

View Profile
BROKEN HEARTS
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 10:31 AM

I know how you felt, unfortunately, I wasn't with the man I loved for as long as you were. We were together for 1 year and about a week from our 1 year anniversary he left me for someone much younger. We were engaged to be married the next summer. The friends i thougth I had weren't my true friends. They left me when he did. My parents didn't want to hear about it and My siblings were too busy to be there for me. I had no one. That summer, I nearly died. I felt the same way you did and I also slept with a bible on my chest, or close to me. If it weren't for deep prayer and consulting with God, I wouldn't be here. For sure it made me a stronger person, but I feel now that a piece of me is lost that I can never get back. I hated him for 6 months. It wasn't until a few months ago that I could really forgive him and myself. I've started a new life now, and I know God is leading me where he wants me to be. God bless those who have had their hearts broken, and it is true what they say, "What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger." I am stronger, I have survived, and God is the reason why. Glory to Him, forever!