Author Thread
NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
What is the effect of Womens Liberation movement on christian men?
Posted : 29 May, 2023 08:40 AM

Men have always wanted traditional women when choosing wifes. Women still want traditional men for husbands. Still the world is forcing men away from masculine traits and only praising men that have feminine traits (being stay at home dads, choosing feminine line of work or wearing nail polish) Women don't find those men attractive, but usually place them in the friendzone.

The issue is more or less that there are very few traditional women left, even in church, so for the really great traditional men they have a hard time finding a woman who isn't shallow or looking for someone that actually don't exist (Someone 6'3" who makes at least 100.000$ a year, has a six pack (and is like a pastor, or worship leader (Christian addition)).) Then they will end up single forever.

Most men in church are 9-5 guys with 40.000$ a year and some are just 5'5" but they would be great husbands. Sadly in church some of the men are lacking traditinal traits as well, being non-providers/lazy, or trying to live in a hookup-culture. Possibly because of the lack of fathers/mentors and guidance towards manhood from other men in church.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Posted : 29 May, 2023 08:30 AM

Christian men has to deal with much of this lack of traditional femininity also in churches and with christian women. I won't say it is all that bad, but also finding a woman in church that has been a christian her entire life and has no previous sex partners is not that easy.

Also many women won't submit. Not sure why, or if it is a consequence of not really reading the bible or knowing God through intimate communication with Him in their personal prayer life. This is very simple if one is really a Jesus follower.

The solution for us, the women who would like to submit is to choose a man worthy of submitting to. If you can't find a man you can submit to, don't get married. It is very simple.

I remember having a theological debate back in 2006 or 2007 with one man who disagreed greatly with me on one topic. I didn't have the besst argument back then, but he was firm in not wanting to date a woman with a view oposing to his, and we then agreed on never dating each other. I now have found the argument for my standpoint, and he ended up marrying a woman with the oposing standpoint, and she chose to submit to his standpoint in their family because she truly is a very traditional woman, despite me believing she had the correct theology on that topic. And I think this is a great example of how I am responsible to not marry or date someone I can't submit to.

Although I believe there are better examples of why God called the men to lead the families. My favorite one is that God called the man to protect the wife and the kids from having to deal with the worst attacks from the enemy (the umbrella picture where he has his umbrella over the wife and kids, and has to take more fights).

As a woman I am so blessed that If I get married I get to have a husband who loves me and wants to make decisions that are the best for me and for our family. I would never marry a man if I don't trust his judgement, his intentions, his heart and his relationship with the Lord.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Posted : 29 May, 2023 08:21 AM

Men and women are called to different roles. Equal value in the eyes of God is a given, and equal pay for doing the same job is also a guarantee at least in the Western countries.

What the liberation of women has done, espessially the birth controll pill and the access to abortion has "liberated" women sexually so that women can have sex without the consequences that held up marriage as a standard for sexual relationships until the 60s/70s. Even up to the 90s people often felt like they had to get married to each other if they fell pregnant out of wedlock to secure the child and do what was right.

Some of the effencs of this sexual revolution that made it possible for women to have sex without having kids out of wedlock (if they want to avoid it) led women to allow sex outside of wedlock witch is not something women were used to having to deal with, as the risk were too high for the average woman to ever risk it before the birth control pill/abortion became availiable. His has infected the culture so much that these days women feel like sleeping around and being self sufficient in all ways is the best way of life in the world. This has raised the standard for what kind of men they want, and they won't settle for the average man, as they can get a top 20% man to sleep with them and therefore expect the top 20% man to also marry them when they eventually are bored of single-life and want marriage and kids in their mid-thirties. Still those top 20% men can have most women, and won't settle for a 35 year old with loads of previous sex partners and an attitude.

Men are looking for traditional women. Women with the same qualities that their grandmothers had. Traditional women, traditional values. Women who have feminine traits, and no fake stuff in their body or their looks (fake hair, nails, 8008S, lip filler, lashes ect. ) Men also are more attracted to young women who are more fertile, and less self dependant.

Women of the world today don't want to submit to no man. They make their own money, and still expect men to pay all of their dates, and expenses if they are together. Women also won't listen to a man telling them that they shoul'd dress apropriately, or stay away from night clubs, or just not embarrass him in public. Women have adopted masculine traits and forgotten that the traditional and attractive men who will provide and protect also want a wife who will submit, and be his peace insted of his drama.

Not sure if this answered anything, but I have been listening to a lot of teaching and debate on this topic, and currently I am looking on how to improve traditional and feminine traits in myself to better attract the men I want, instead of the men I currently can attract. So focus on no drama, being loyal, being demure, cooking, cleaning, respect for my family and treating the right man with respect.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
The typical, so-called 'Christian' women on this site......
Posted : 28 May, 2023 02:25 AM

99% of people/profiles on this site are scammers or people unfit for all kinds of dating and relationships. If you want someone serious, a more serious site would be recommended.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Have you ever had to walk out on a date?
Posted : 21 May, 2023 11:52 AM

I was on a phone date less than one hour ago where my phone battery suddenly went out of power. It ended a heated debate and I moved over to chatting on the dating platform I had met him.

He turned a tantrum and raged at me for my phone dying, and I understood how his anger issues were by no means under control.

It was a blessing. Now I can end things with him in writing and block him afterwards.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
When women have a change of heart.
Posted : 20 May, 2023 05:26 AM

I have the same experience as a woman. Men have shown interest, but then rejects me, before crawling back when they can't find anyone better. I have a story about that.

I had this interesting experience on the Norwegian Christian dating site the last 14 days. A man messaged me, asking me about myself and after answering him for some time, talking about what I was looking for and how my life looks today, and some of the things from my past he became very interested.

Then he asked me about my weight, and I told him the truth, so he estimated that I was too big for him and said goodbye to me wishing me good luck, and I said the same to him. 3-4 days later he reappears in my DMs asking me if we could start over, and that he loves bigger women. I refuse him, reminding him he already refused me and I moved on.

He leaves the conversation, but behold, 24 hours later he is back. He states that he thinks all the other women on the site are rude and crazy and that I was the only one nice to him that he could find, so he had decided to choose me, and really settle for me this time around. I reminded him again that he initially refused me for my weight, so therefore I had moved on and wasn't really considering him at all after that.

I ended my statement with: "Don't let a woman refuse you twice, espessially after you refused her first." He has been silent afterwards, just hoping this is it and he is done playing games.

I just hope this might inspire someone to not allow choosers to come back in as beggars in your DMs or your dating life.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Why are you single?
Posted : 12 May, 2023 11:55 PM

Yes, not wanting kids is the main reason I am single. I have had loads of suitors over the years, but I am honest with them on the first date that I don't want kids not to drag out the heartbreak any further.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Why are you single?
Posted : 10 May, 2023 08:32 AM

Firstly there are extremely few single Christian men in Norway (where I live).

I don't date divorced men, or men who smoke. (that eliminates almost half the men in churches.)

I don't date Christian men who isn't part of a local Christian fellowship.

I don't want kids, so whenever I find a single man interested in me, he really wants kids and keeps looking for a woman who wants the same.

I'm also not slim, so I guess some of my crushes have rejected me on basis of wanting a slimmer woman.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Guy keeps talking to everyone else but me (a little long)
Posted : 30 Mar, 2023 11:19 AM

He is really weird, and I find your description of him suspicious. If he is interested in you he is just really not sure where or how to interact with you at all, and seems to be doing the ignoring-method that isn't very functional.

If he is just as I think he is, weird or rude, you should just go about your business without thinking about him. His action communicates weird awkwardness or even rudeness, so just treat it as that and stay away from him if you can.

NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
Why do I attract bad men/not getting married
Posted : 26 Mar, 2023 10:02 PM

Men don't care about a womans career or degree. They look for women who are loyal, peaceful to be around (no drama), demure, traditional, can cook, clean, and as young as possible (compared to their own age).

Typically a 40 year old man would prefer a woman around 30, maybe even in her late 20s if he can win her.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6