Author Thread
AngelsandAirwaves^

View Profile
Long distance dating
Posted : 28 Jun, 2022 08:01 AM

At this point in my life, I would much rather have someone who was closer. Even though I wouldn't mind conversing with someone who was in another state/location, I would much rather date/form a potential relationship with someone in my own state or within the four neighboring states if distance came into play. Just makes traveling to potential meetups easier. If the guy was serious though and things panned out then I guess I would always keep my options open for sure : )

AngelsandAirwaves^

View Profile
Serious alternative to online dating scam
Posted : 19 Jun, 2022 03:15 PM

I agree it is sad that a lot of us have been heavily relying on using social media as the main source to meet and communicate with people....While I think it's a nice way to communicate ideas and to be able to sometimes reach out to others (especially friends and family at a distance), it shouldn't be the only method by which how we interact with one another.

Even dating sites/meet sites whatever should of course be a "tool" or resource to expand those interactions, but relying on them solely, I don't feel is a good idea. That's why I've even made it more of a point to get out and do more activities, volunteer somewhere, try to get involved more actively in church, or even just take some classes/etc. It does help to be able to meet some new faces and just expand.

However, I will note that it has been more difficult to meet people in person.... With vacillating covid policies and more social and political unrest, it creates a lot of division along with it... I think that's why so many more people have been online than ever. Like Jayzee said after the whole pandemic happened, things really changed.... I mean the majority of my coworkers now work remotely or some of my friends and family do as well. People are more closed off and isolated. We've also had a significant increase in crime lately (especially where I am). Unfortunately, this does make people less want to get outside the comfort of their homes. I am not saying it's like that for everyone everywhere, but I've heard so many different people say they feel safer indoors.

I know God will of course keep us safe wherever we are, but I do understand what people are talking about with the way the times are changing. It is important though that we do have "real" in-person interaction (preferably healthy and positive if possible) as God designed us to be social creatures. He wants that for us.

Anyway, I've rambled way too much. Great topic though!

AngelsandAirwaves^

View Profile
Be careful good Christians!
Posted : 14 Jun, 2022 04:12 PM

Henry, I must say that this is good solid information. Unfortunately, there are a lot of scammers and fake people using this site. I am not sure if it is what you men are encountering with the ladies on here, but I have seen numerous accounts deleted just a few days after I talked to a guy or it was said the user was banned or their account is no longer active.

In many cases, they've asked to exchange numbers or WhatsApp information or asked for a Facebook only after a few messages and I am starting to learn the pattern. It's really difficult because I've seen some users have what appear to be legitimate accounts, and pictures of someone (maybe stolen from FB or Instagram) I am not sure, but they seem legitimate but the behavior seems off. Like it's rehearsed or just robotic or limited. (Hard to explain sorry lol)

It's sad because it's getting more packed full of scammers as you say. I guess people just have to take caution as you do with any site of course. But especially these...just be careful yall..

AngelsandAirwaves^

View Profile
Separated?
Posted : 8 Jun, 2022 09:53 PM

Oh my goodness, I've been saying this same thing! It's really odd because I've seen it a lot on here...and the individual would be saying they were in the process of a divorce...to me I stay far away from that situation.... I feel like if I was in that situation the last thing I would want to do is be opening myself up to the possibility of another partner at that moment. I'd be seeking God for some guidance and healing and help to get through that situation in my life.

AngelsandAirwaves^

View Profile
Etiquette after sending a "wink"
Posted : 31 Mar, 2022 08:32 PM

I feel like if you're interested in someone and you really want to talk to them further, a wink and a follow up message is great. Honestly though, I would rather a message.

AngelsandAirwaves^

View Profile
Men pushing for your phone number?
Posted : 31 Mar, 2022 08:27 PM

Yes, very uncomfortable. There are a lot of scammers who use this trick or the infamous "do you have Whatsapp" line. I would use caution in sharing a personal number with someone just started talking with online. Especially if they are pushing you for it after a few messages. Red flag central.