Author Thread
KC_Mike

View Profile
Why women shouldn't Pastor
Posted : 31 Dec, 2010 08:26 PM

I think most MEN should take Paul's advice and remain SILENT in the church TOO.

So, Paul doesn't allow a woman to Pastor. Many believe that Paul was not trying to establish a universal church doctrine. It's clear that Paul mentions 2 women specifically as "noteworthy among the Apostles" so there were women Apostles. An Apostle is someone that STARTS churches! The Jewish social culture was very different then and women did not have the respect that they do today. Women were not even allowed an education, let alone teach.

Paul is simply giving his opinion about the infant church that was just born and thought it was best to avoid controversy and factions that women Pastors would have brought as the church grew.

Today...

Obviously God DOES use some women to Pastor today. It's evident. That's not to say that it's normative, but sometimes a man won't be obedient and God has to use an obedient woman to do the job!

KC_Mike

View Profile
The mark of the beast
Posted : 18 Aug, 2010 06:27 PM

I believe it is a literal "mark". John was told by Jesus to "write down what he saw". John was referring to something physical not only to the human eye, but something physical that would allow them to buy and sell.

I've heard all of the arguments (Hank Hennegraff, etc) that dismiss the mark as something "surreal, in the heart, something unseen and more about relationship". Try to waive the "intent of your heart" to a cashier to purchase something or proclaim your "relationship with God" to a Govt worker as ID and see how far that gets you.

Microchip technology has been around for decades but the wise person will study that fact that it was not ready - until now. It was too large and needed to be self-powered, making it impossible to self-maintain - until now. Now microchips can perform millions of transactions, hold gigs of info and are small enough (now) to be powered by BODY HEAT. A microchip is NOT the Mark, but I believe it is the harbinger technology that will allow the Mark to become possible.

KC_Mike

View Profile
Hello from Missouri
Posted : 10 May, 2009 08:44 PM

Hi, fellow Show-me-State Christians.

KC_Mike

View Profile
why all the lies????
Posted : 2 May, 2009 09:07 PM

If you find out someone is lying think of it as a blessing. God is saving you from heartache and exposing them for the frauds that they are.

There are sheep in wolves clothing everywhere, even Christian dating sites. All the more reason to pray always and keep God's word in your heart.

I advise my daughter to know 3 important things about any man that wants to get to know her. A woman's time and her company is valuable and more precious than gold. Before giving a man any of her time a woman should know; (1) what church they attend and if they are accountable to the Pastor & Elders, (2) where they work and (3) where they live. Asking men these 3 questions will run off 99.9% of all liars, cheats, frauds and wackos.