Author Thread
JojoS

View Profile
Christian ladies, I need help
Posted : 10 Sep, 2011 11:51 AM

hi--

I narrowed down the search and been talkin' to this Mideast gir on here bit by bitl. I'm from Cali. Both of us a bit cash-dry and busy.

I like her and I think she likes me somewhat. I can't read people online.

Anyways, there's more to it.. I need advices

:prayingf: Need a miracle

JojoS

View Profile
Genealogy of Jesus Christ
Posted : 6 Sep, 2011 04:30 PM

Ella,

Perhaps one ought to look deeper into the matter before making judgment about someone's full and sincere faith on a controversial subject. I'd like to invite you to read the book and see if you can, WITHOUT GUESSING, to explain exactly what is recorded in the Bible.

10 Solomon�s son was Rehoboam,

Abijah his son,

Asa his son,

Jehoshaphat his son,

11 Jehoram[d] his son,

Ahaziah his son,

Joash his son,

12 Amaziah his son,

Azariah his son,

Jotham his son,

13 Ahaz his son,

Hezekiah his son,

Manasseh his son,

14 Amon his son,

Josiah his son.

15 The sons of Josiah:

Johanan the firstborn,

Jehoiakim the second son,

Zedekiah the third,

Shallum the fourth.

16 The successors of Jehoiakim:

Jehoiachin[e] his son,

and Zedekiah.

17 The descendants of Jehoiachin the captive:

Shealtiel his son, 18 Malkiram, Pedaiah, Shenazzar, Jekamiah, Hoshama and Nedabiah.

19 The sons of Pedaiah:

Zerubbabel and Shimei.

The sons of Zerubbabel:

Meshullam and Hananiah.

Shelomith was their sister.

20 There were also five others:

Hashubah, Ohel, Berekiah, Hasadiah and Jushab-Hesed.

23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,

the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,

the son of Levi, the son of Melki,

the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,

25 the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos,

the son of Nahum, the son of Esli,

the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath,

the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein,

the son of Josek, the son of Joda,

27 the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa,

the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel,

the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melki,

the son of Addi, the son of Cosam,

the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,

29 the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer,

the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat,

the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon,

the son of Judah, the son of Joseph,

the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim,

31 the son of Melea, the son of Menna,

the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan,

the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse,

the son of Obed, the son of Boaz,

the son of Salmon,[d] the son of Nahshon,

33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram,[e]

the son of Hezron, the son of Perez,

the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob,

the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham,

the son of Terah, the son of Nahor,

35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu,

the son of Peleg, the son of Eber,

the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan,

the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem,

the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,

37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,

the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,

the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh,

the son of Seth, the son of Adam,

the son of God.

Luke 3:10-37

1 This is the genealogy[a] of Jesus the Messiah[b] the son of David, the son of Abraham:

2 Abraham was the father of Isaac,

Isaac the father of Jacob,

Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers,

3 Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar,

Perez the father of Hezron,

Hezron the father of Ram,

4 Ram the father of Amminadab,

Amminadab the father of Nahshon,

Nahshon the father of Salmon,

5 Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,

Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth,

Obed the father of Jesse,

6 and Jesse the father of King David.

David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah�s wife,

7 Solomon the father of Rehoboam,

Rehoboam the father of Abijah,

Abijah the father of Asa,

8 Asa the father of Jehoshaphat,

Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram,

Jehoram the father of Uzziah,

9 Uzziah the father of Jotham,

Jotham the father of Ahaz,

Ahaz the father of Hezekiah,

10 Hezekiah the father of Manasseh,

Manasseh the father of Amon,

Amon the father of Josiah,

11 and Josiah the father of Jeconiah[c] and his brothers at the time of the exile to Babylon.

12 After the exile to Babylon:

Jeconiah was the father of Shealtiel,

Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,

13 Zerubbabel the father of Abihud,

Abihud the father of Eliakim,

Eliakim the father of Azor,

14 Azor the father of Zadok,

Zadok the father of Akim,

Akim the father of Elihud,

15 Elihud the father of Eleazar,

Eleazar the father of Matthan,

Matthan the father of Jacob,

16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah.

17 Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah.

Matt 1:1-17

27 After the king burned the scroll containing the words that Baruch had written at Jeremiah�s dictation, the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: 28 �Take another scroll and write on it all the words that were on the first scroll, which Jehoiakim king of Judah burned up. 29 Also tell Jehoiakim king of Judah, �This is what the LORD says: You burned that scroll and said, �Why did you write on it that the king of Babylon would certainly come and destroy this land and wipe from it both man and beast?� 30 Therefore this is what the LORD says about Jehoiakim king of Judah: He will have no one to sit on the throne of David; his body will be thrown out and exposed to the heat by day and the frost by night. 31 I will punish him and his children and his attendants for their wickedness; I will bring on them and those living in Jerusalem and the people of Judah every disaster I pronounced against them, because they have not listened.��

32 So Jeremiah took another scroll and gave it to the scribe Baruch son of Neriah, and as Jeremiah dictated, Baruch wrote on it all the words of the scroll that Jehoiakim king of Judah had burned in the fire. And many similar words were added to them.

Jer 36:27-32

"'On that day,' declares the LORD Almighty, 'I will take you, my servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel,' declares the LORD, 'and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,' declares the LORD Almighty." Hag 2:23

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Rev. 19:16

By comparing these verses, Ella, you can see there are many issues that one would question. How does one defend the truth without evidences to prove the reason of these issues?

JojoS

View Profile
Spiritual Level
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 02:02 PM

Who is to say a person with strong faith or high spiritual levels won't become weak or low one day?

Didn't Moses struck the rock twice?

Everyone has high and low. That's why we have marriage in the first place.

Can anyone say that they will always be healthy? I know some people even got married knowing the other one is sick so they could take care the other until they are well. This should be the same in the Spirit.

9 Two are better than one,

because they have a good return for their labor:

10 If either of them falls down,

one can help the other up.

But pity anyone who falls

and has no one to help them up.

11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.

But how can one keep warm alone?

12 Though one may be overpowered,

two can defend themselves.

A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Eccle. 4:9-12

JojoS

View Profile
distance
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 01:32 PM

If she's on earth. I'll find her and get her! :dancingp:

JojoS

View Profile
LOVE: How to know if it's the real thing!
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 01:29 PM

I agree.

JojoS

View Profile
Hatred
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 01:12 PM

We must not judge people but we must hate the sins. For the wage of sin is death.

People often confuse judgment with teaching and reproofing.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 2 Tim 3:16

If one tells another what's right or wrong based on the Scripture's teaching, is that judging a person or teaching a person?

To judge a person is to condamn the person to hell by passing a judgment that such a person belongs in hell. By saying, "You go to hell," for example, IS a JUDGMENT.

To tell one, "According to the Bible, fornication is sinful," is to tell the person that one needs to return to the way of the Lord.

Anyone can repent and turn back to God. No one is hopeless until God says so. Apostle Paul is one example from the Bible.

JojoS

View Profile
Hatred
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 01:04 PM

I believe that there are natural born homosexuals just as there are natural born killers/murderers. The society doesn't allow those natural-born killers to run free like lions and tigers. They have to be tamed. So like-wise, those natural-born homosexuals can also be re-educated if they so wish.

There are also people who suffers from mythomania (compulsive lying disorder) since birth. Should we not help them to stop lying? The Bible said very clearly liars cannot enter the kingdom of God.

I believe they can be helped through prayers. And believe just because they are born such like such doesn't mean they should be what they were born. It's simple. If an infant was born to die due to for example, Addison's disease. Should we let the infact die or should we try to reverse the illness so the baby lives? If we must try so hard to reverse a physical illness, should we not also try hard to reverse a SPIRITUAL TERMINAL ILLNESS?

JojoS

View Profile
If you have to pull it up or press it down, you shouldn't be wearing it!
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 12:47 PM

I agree with the pastor. I wouldn't want my daughter/niece/grand-daughter to dress like such; or any woman actually. Surely I wouldn't want my wife/girlfriend/ to dress inappropriately either.

Wife can only dress inappropriately for me. :winksmile:

I wouldn't dress inappropriately either...like saggy pants.

Of course there are times for everything. Who wears jackets in a hot summer beach party?

If one feel uncomfortable, simple DON'T GO.

JojoS

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 12:38 PM

If one have divorced before one is a Christian, all past sins have been washed. Just don't do it again. "go and sin no more," Jesus said.

If one is already in a complicated relationships, one MUST choose one before becoming a Christian and let everyone else leave, most likely one's legal spouse, specially if the spouse is already a Christian.

JojoS

View Profile
Divorce and Remarriage
Posted : 3 Sep, 2011 12:23 PM

There are only three reasons why one may divorce and remarry.

In case of unfaithfulness:

It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. Matt 5:31

In case of unbeliever leaving due to difference in faith:

10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife? 1 Cor 7:10-16

In case of violence, abuse and abandonment:

13 And this is the second thing you do:

You cover the altar of the LORD with tears,

With weeping and crying;

So He does not regard the offering anymore,

Nor receive it with goodwill from your hands.

14 Yet you say, �For what reason?�

Because the LORD has been witness

Between you and the wife of your youth,

With whom you have dealt treacherously;

Yet she is your companion

And your wife by covenant.

15 But did He not make them one,

Having a remnant of the Spirit?

And why one?

He seeks godly offspring.

Therefore take heed to your spirit,

And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth.

16 � For the LORD God of Israel says

That He hates divorce,

For it covers one�s garment with violence,�

Says the LORD of hosts.

� Therefore take heed to your spirit,

That you do not deal treacherously.�

17 You have wearied the LORD with your words;

Yet you say,

� In what way have we wearied Him?�

In that you say,

� Everyone who does evil

Is good in the sight of the LORD,

And He delights in them,�

Or, �Where is the God of justice?�

Malachi 2:13-17

He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

"What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate."

Mark 10:9

HOWEVER who is to say through prayer the conditions might not change? This is based on your spiritual level. The choice of forgiveness is yours.

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful Luke 6:36

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14

Page : 1 2