View Profile
Just wondering...
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 07:05 PM

Thank you! Good to know this:)

Pearloflife

View Profile
Just wondering...
Posted : 11 Nov, 2013 09:58 AM

I realize there is no control over someone favoring you. However, if someone is favored by so many, I kind of wonder why they would continue being on a dating site for a long time. Are they truly looking for a marriage partner or just looking for perfection (Christ is the only one I know who is and will be perfect) .....or is it just so they can feel like they are popular or appear to be actively dating? Also I wonder, how any people did they favor then was favored back?.... sort of a numbers ego game?

Other Christian dating sites have a system where by if you have "favorite someone" a dot on a tab shows up to let you know your favorite(s) are on line. I like that type of feature as it helps with connecting and communication.

Pearloflife

View Profile
Just wondering...
Posted : 10 Nov, 2013 12:33 PM

I see on many CDFF profiles on the bottom of their profile the following "Appears on 4o members favorites lists" (or how many ever it is). When I see read this, I find it a bit of turn off. Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way when they see this?

Pearloflife

View Profile
Jesus teaches that Regeneration precedes Faith
Posted : 14 Oct, 2011 11:20 PM

"Jesus does not teach Calvinism, nor would he ever agree with any part of it, there is no lie in him".

I agree!

Why do we need John Calvin when we have the Bible.

THE WORD of THE GOD. The Bible is congruent. If you pay attention to the actual words. It is not what someone 'thinks' the Bible says, it is 'what does the Bible say'.

Note also: The NIV has even left out some verses that are in the KJV/NKJV. Keep in mind the last verse of the Bible.

Pearloflife

View Profile
FOR ALL YOU MEN HERE!!!
Posted : 14 Oct, 2011 05:16 PM

When one says "what are they hiding when there is no photo" I say you might have trust issues or at least you are more negative than positive. Some do not post a photo because they came out of high profile divorce or maybe a because they were in an abusive marriage so their safety is involved. Also some have adult children who may also be using this site. Some school teachers, detectives , and other professions can not post a picture because of their jobs.

The way I look at this issue is if you like my profile and I like your profile, the photos, along with more discovery of each other, including meeting in 3D will happen as part of the process. You may never know what blessings you lost out on by using the criteria of NO Photo No response. God has a sense of humor and justice.

Pearloflife

View Profile
CHEMISTRY... what is it?... and... is it important?
Posted : 11 Oct, 2011 12:19 AM

Good response!!!

Pearloflife

View Profile
Posted : 11 Oct, 2011 12:16 AM

Chemistry...my way of thinking; is it is who you are, your personality, the way you connect with another. It is the part of you that makes your mannerisms, who you are in life; the little nuances (that later become the annoying, and the chemistry fizzles out, lol). Chemistry can occur by any way one connects, via mail, text messaging, on the phone, and yes in 3D. Thus chemistry it is important only in the sense that someone likes/loves you for who you are, the way you are (mannerisms and all). Yet somehow, this goes right back to ones choice, as it is a choice what each individual has as a preference.

Pearloflife

View Profile
Posted : 22 Sep, 2011 09:09 PM

"What is it?...It seems to me firstly that it is a physical attraction to that person. When Jacob saw Rachel and Leah standing before him...why did he fall head over heels for Rachel and not Leah? Why was he so willing to work for Laban 7 years and another 7 years to be officially married to Rachel? And what was so special about Sarah that Abraham was drawn to? Even Isaac was blessed with a beautiful wife. Obviously God did not think it was carnal or sinful to find someone attractive if He would allow Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to be blessed with beautiful wives."

These are very great points. I agree.

In regards to searching for my wife... I admit...that if I am not attracted to a lady physically I really do not have a desire to go further, regardless of other great qualities she may possess.

One may want eye "candy" to start a meal but is that really the best for one? Just asking.

Am I carnal?

Well I think that is something you must decide for yourself. However, think about this, as one ages, a person's outer beauty (chemistry) tends to go" down hill" on the outer physical side. Sometimes I have seen a beautiful person have a stroke or as the result of burns lose their outer beauty fast. If one chooses to married to someone based on the outer chemistry, and the outer beauty ceases to be, will the inter (usually the weaker) chemistry be enough for the marriage to hold together, if the stronger outer chemistry is gone? again just asking.

Someone will quote to me 1Samuel 16:7 as evidence of my carnality that God looks at the heart and man looks on the outward appearance. BUT WAIT!.... God was simply pointing out a truth, not a condemnation. I'm not God...I'm a man. God put two eyes in my head to be attracted to beauty. No one thinks it's wrong to find flowers beautiful, or a mountain, or the stars. Why is it wrong therefore to be attracted to someone's outward beauty? Why is it thought in Christendom that when looking for a mate one must only look on the heart and disregard the outward?

No one said you have to disregard the outward. It just should not be the only, main and /or the first focus.

However, as my son pointed out ...chemistry between people is a MUTUAL attraction... I agree... It's not really chemistry if your attraction towards someone is all one sided. I have found many ladies attractive on this site who simply did not find me attractive...no chemistry. And there are ladies who find me attractive...but I do not feel the same way towards them...no chemistry.

Wise son;) This is true about one sided.

Yet... I must confess that I have discovered that chemistry GOES DEEPER than the outward appearance.

Good as that is what really counts.

On two separate experiences where there was mutual physical attraction between us...there was still something missing... we were not connecting on all cylinders. So we decided to mutually agree to part company. If the chemistry is not there... why try to force it?

How about choosing to see that maybe Gods way of showing you that the outer attraction is not the top issue here?