Author Thread
InTheCrowd^

View Profile
Why does everything that happens to me bad
Posted : 2 Feb, 2024 07:57 PM

>And IntheCrowd, great sound advice you've given me as well!

Cool.

I don't know what kind of music you like, but there are some shows coming up in LA. Camera Obscura is on sale. Not sure if I'm going to that one. I like them and I've seen them before, but the tickets seem a little pricey to me right now. I don't know if you know who the band Lush were, but Miki Berenyi was their lead singer and front woman and her new band, Miki Berenyi Trio is playing at The Fonda, on May 29. I think there might still be tickets. That one is worth going to. If you like shoegaze music, you might want to go to that one. If you don't know who Lush were, if you search "Lush band topic" on YouTube, their page will come up.

There's also Club Underground on Fridays. That's actually happening tonight and I was thinking about going tonight. Although, not sure. No one I know is going tonight. Lol.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention this stuff since you live in town.

Club Underground has a website you can check out, if you've never been and you're curious as to what kind of club it is. Just search "Club Underground, Los Angeles." I'd post the url, but apparently there are rules about that on this website.

InTheCrowd^

View Profile
Why does everything that happens to me bad
Posted : 1 Feb, 2024 09:44 PM

>I currently am in a rough patch in my life.

Same. You're not alone.

It's not the greatest time in history, to be honest.

>I don't think I've had one good thing happen to me in 10+ years to be honest.

I can empathize, to a degree. The last ten years have been a series of ups and downs on this end, as well.

>almost everyone I know is married or has a significant other

For me it's a mixed bag. I have a couple of friends who are married and seemingly happy, but one has told me it's a lot of work. I also know someone who just got divorced and someone who might be getting a divorce or so I hear.

>Me, any time I date it never works out.

This is common for a lot of people, actually.

Online dating makes it all the more awkward, because you're not able to go on in person chemistry, in the beginning, which is the natural way for a relationship to start.

>I don't like anyone who likes me either.

Lol. Okay. There is such a thing as being too picky, but I am picky too, so I can't say that I don't get it.

> I've actually given up fully on that.

Haven't we all.

>It's extremely upsetting because I feel alone. Every weekend, I spend it alone or spend hours at home doing nothing.

Same, but I just live with it. Although, I will typically end up doing some motion graphics or playing some guitar or going to the gym. These days I usually only go out when I am going to see a show, meaning, there is a band playing that I want to see. Then I go out. Most people I still know these days, are the same. I had an invitation to go to Club Underground, last week, in Chinatown (since you're in LA, I thought you might know it), but decided there wasn't enough incentive. While that's probably the only club I would still go to, it's not the same as the Britpop / Indie clubs of the past, for reasons and not just because it isn't the '90s anymore. I suppose I would go dancing, if I thought the company was going to be good or at least company that I could be myself around. I do like to dance and I used to go dancing a lot.

>I am incredibly grateful for what I do have ...

Yeah, same. It could be worse, but it could be better.

>But I feel like I don't have what 99.9% of others have.

Again, same, but I think it depends on who you talk to and who you're using for comparison.

>They usually travel, have a nice house, car, money, etc.

Well, these days, I think that travel outside of the U.S. is over rated and honestly, kind of dangerous, for reasons.

There's also not that much going on these days, to even make traveling worth it. But that's just me. I mean, I've done some traveling, during a very good time in history, i.e. not the last two decades. So, it's less of an issue for me.

As for nice house, well that's a team effort these days, especially given the price of real estate in California. Especially in Southern California.

As for a nice car, I suppose it depends on what that means. There's a lot of people driving new cars that are complete garbage and a few people driving slightly older cars that are quality.

>To top it off, my mom is sick too at the moment.

Sorry to hear this. I can relate.

>But I need to know why I have such bad luck? Am I just meant to have nothing?

Again, I can relate, but I don't think it's down to luck, per se. A lot of it has to do with the time period we're in. It's really not the greatest time in history and I hear it's going to get worse, before it gets better.

All I can say, is if you meet someone who you think you might be able to talk to, talk to them, even if they don't pass all of the requirements filled out on a dating profile. Like say, age (cough, cough).