Author Thread
EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
Disapproval?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 05:52 AM

That�s a super good question BC. I don�t have �the answer�, but knowing myself, I know what I would do.

I would totally get together with the guy even if the whole world disapproved, but I felt like it was in the Lord�s will.

However...

When you said mentioned that the �relationship wasn�t all it should be.� That there are �some serious problems�. And �You think that marriage will solve those problems even though they are getting worse in the months leading up to the wedding�. That�s serious! First of all, if there were serious problems in the relationship, and it was not all that it should be, I would not continue to pursue the marriage. If it doesn�t glorify God, doesn�t make us happy (yes, our happiness is important if you want to survive), if we can�t be happy in God together, or even find fulfillment in the relationship individually. If it is emotionally, physically, intellectually, spiritually or verbally unhealthy or abusive, it would be wise to end it. That�s what I think.

Then, I�d think myself rather silly for believing that the relationship would get better after marriage�that marriage would solve the deep-seated issue-whatever that issue may be. Possibly marriage will solve the issue of physical-sexual satisfaction or frustration, but that�s about it. Because whether married or engaged, single, friends or dating, you take your problems with you�you take yourself with you wherever you go. � � I know this assumption is dangerous and common and can be manifested in different ways. Say, for example, a husband and wife find their marriage is suffering from a serious of interpersonal problems. They then decide that having children will fix these problems. It would be nice if having children did fix the problem, but we all know that this is not always the case.

So really, really pray about your relationships. Don�t let anyone use you or push you into things you�re not 100% sure you want to be pushed into. If you are letting someone push you, you may be also living in fear, and the person whom you are in relationship with may be �grabbing, not loving�.

Just my thoughts on it.

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
Time clock
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 05:35 AM

I think its better to have one parent than no parent...so I would adopt even if single if I was able to properly care for the/my child.

So, 1) I definitely wouldn't hurry and get married because I want kids. and

2) I definitely would adopt even if I were single, if it was feasible and within my means to supply the child a happy childhood/teen-hood.

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
Rudeness
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 05:24 AM

My typical reaction in the physical world (not in cyber space) when a man winks at me whom I have no interest in is either disassociation, or displacement.

Haha, it would be very funny for me to be like "Hey there, dream walker, I noticed you winked at me. I just wanted to let you know I'm not interested." That would be :yay: hilarious! ...you're libel to offend worse or just look foolish.

So why do online what I do not do in real life? It may create an unnatural ecosystem.

I used to write people back, explaining "thanks but no thanks" and one of them even had the nerve to ask me why!!! For heavens sakes, some people must think they are God's gift to the opposite gender or the origin of species.

Well, anyway... I'd also have someone not reply to my letter, than write me a sweet "I don't really like you" note. It ma kes it worse. :winksmile: So if I wink at you, and you don't like my blue face, or cheesy grin, ignore it and keep walking!

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
what's the weirdest, strangest, dating exsperence you've ever had?
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 05:09 AM

A friend of mine once offered me a date (the eating kind), which he was holding in his outstretched hand. I declined, but he persisted. So when I finally relented and ate the thing, he typically said, "There, that wasn't so hard...how about the real thing?" Bwa!!! Nooo!

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
Profile searches
Posted : 31 Oct, 2011 04:57 AM

Heehee

You're funny hunny!

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
Wine
Posted : 19 Oct, 2011 07:40 AM

Is alcohol a curse? Or a blessing? I think its both.

Recently I wondered exactly what the Bible said about alcohol. Was it good or bad? I was then led to believe that it is both, and depends on whether it is enjoyed or misused.

1 Samuel 1:14 says that we should not be drunk and to distance ourselves from wine.

Psalms 104:15 says that God among other things gives us wine to make our hearts glad.

Proverbs 20:1 says that wine is a disgrace, Proverbs 23:20 and 21 also say that we should not be drunk, and that being drunk among other things leads to poverty.

Habakkuk 2:15 warns against making others drunk in an attempt to catch them off-guard or naked.

Ephesians 5:18 gives an alternative to being drunk with wine, and says that instead of filling up on wine, we should fill up on the Holy Spirit.

Philippians 4:5 tells us to use moderation in everything.

And 1 Timothy 5:23 tells us to �Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach�s sake and thine often infirmities�.

A recap of those eight verses could go something like this:

Don�t get drunk all the time. If you are prone to getting drunk or drinking excessively, distance yourself from alcohol. It�s important to remember however, that God gave us wine, and all things for us to enjoy. Wine can sometimes lead an individual to disgrace, and that is why we should use moderation in all things. Wine also has health benefits, which when used in moderation, help your stomach.

Let�s not forget too that Jesus turned the water into wine, which is recorded in John chapter 2.

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
what's the weirdest, strangest, dating exsperence you've ever had?
Posted : 18 Oct, 2011 10:17 PM

Hahaha!

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
Simple. Casual. Interesting. FREE
Posted : 18 Oct, 2011 06:50 AM

I'm on a reading spree. Send me the book! Or the link. Thank you so much and be blessed.

And PS. your no strings attached "send me a note" only applies for those 30 on up who don't smoke or drink :) due to your mail settings. Just thought to mention as maybe some other people may have tried and failed to ask for the link.

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
First date
Posted : 18 Oct, 2011 06:40 AM

I loved your story too, thanks so much for both sharing it with us. God bless you!

EverybodyNeedsFriend

View Profile
GODLY MEN & WOMEN
Posted : 18 Oct, 2011 06:27 AM

About professing to be righteous, Romans 3:10 says "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" 1 John 1:9 explains that we are cleansed from all unrighteousness by confessing our sins. Thank God for his forgiveness, and for the forgiveness of others. I know I goof up alot.

About perceiving and perspectives, I like what Anais Nin said, "We don't see things as they are. we see them as we are".

Page : 1 2 3