Author Thread
BOANDERS

View Profile
Is concept of a soul mate biblical ?
Posted : 14 Jan, 2023 11:14 AM

You are right, nevertheless, the question of to whom one is married, is not always unproblematic. …

In the past it happened, for example, that married soldiers were wrongly reported home as dead, the widow remarried in good faith but after a few years the soldier came home alive. Who was she married to? …

It also happened (at least in medieval England) that a couple got married in public (for example in a pub) without it being registered, and that the father forced the woman to marry another man (the woman complained and the Catholic Church gave the woman the right and her father wrong). ...

In today´s Sweden you can be married according to one law and not according to another (this I know by personal experience).

BOANDERS

View Profile
Two become One
Posted : 14 Jan, 2023 10:09 AM

To this I agree

BOANDERS

View Profile
Posted : 14 Jan, 2023 10:04 AM

You are right

BOANDERS

View Profile
Posted : 14 Jan, 2023 07:57 AM

According to a heathen myth the humans has been split in one upper part the man, and a lower part the woman, and that was made as an excuse for men to rule over women. There is no soul-mate-myth in the bible, instead it is said that if man and a woman (at free will) have intercourse they become one flesh. (16 Don’t you know that anyone joined to a prostitute is one body with her? For Scripture says: “The two will become one flesh”. 1 Cor. 6:16).

(I would not mind to let a young woman rule over me (in a nice way) as long as she had respect for my conscience.)

BOANDERS

View Profile
It is important to choose a partner who’s conscience you can respect.
Posted : 13 Jan, 2023 06:48 PM

It is also good to study what is written in the Bible, and also to memorize important Bible passages, because then the Holy Spirit can remind us of what God has said. Unfortunately, sometimes our consciences say different things and the Bible are interpreted differently by different translators, theologians and Christians.