Author Thread
shy_at_first

View Profile
Unread messages button
Posted : 24 Dec, 2008 10:14 PM

It would be great if the forum had a button you could click to view messages posted since your last visit. It's a pain to try to visit each forum and figure out which messages you've read and haven't read.

I'm sure this would help the forum to become more active, because people would be able to see when a new reply has been posted and go to it by clicking "Next Unread Message" or something similar.

shy_at_first

View Profile
A Good Christian Man
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 10:15 PM

Yes, there is a man like that.

shy_at_first

View Profile
Why are men intimidated?
Posted : 21 Dec, 2008 10:03 PM

It was not my intention to say she needs to comfort guys she doesn't like.

We're not talking about me. We're talking about guys in general. And just because a guy isn't approaching women left and right doesn't mean he's not confident in who he is in Christ. He may simply have not noticed a specific girl, for a variety of legitimate reasons, and an action on her part to let him (a guy she's interested in) know that she's receptive can go a long way toward his taking the lead in a relationship. See, I think it's silly to sit back and talk about what our roles should be to such an extent that we don't communicate at all with other people. I see this a lot these days. Our society lacks communication, so I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that anyone who wants to make a connection would be wise to send out some signals.

And I didn't say anything about her needing to *train* him to lead. Good grief! Has everyone forgotten what we knew back in the days of FIDOnet echoes? If you're going to assume a connotation in someone's post, it's best to assume for the better. Text media don't convey everything, so it's easy to misinterpret what people are saying. Be mindful of this, and you're less likely to look foolish.

All I said is that an indication of receptiveness is encouraging to a guy. And women don't like when a guy keeps pursuing them after they've tried to ignore him, so I don't think suggesting an indication of receptiveness means a lack of 'boldness'.

shy_at_first

View Profile
A lot of strange behavior by men on dating sites, Christian dating sites at that.
Posted : 20 Dec, 2008 11:03 PM

I, for one, am using this and other sites to try to meet one special woman with whom to have a VERY long-term relationship involving a ring and pledges. Of course, until I meet her, I'm also looking for friends of either gender to share mutual sociability.

shy_at_first

View Profile
Why are men intimidated?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2008 11:01 PM

Ravynwulf is right about men and highly attractive women.

You're very pretty, and you're athletic, too.

A lot of guys will assume that you have lots of guys chasing you, or they won't have the confidence to pursue you. Don't let it get to you, but try to make sure you're encouraging guys who show any interest in you. Most guys find it hard to approach any woman, afraid that they'll be seen as a bother, or afraid of being rejected, or unsure of the woman's availability.

If a guy knows you're receptive to his pursuit, he may shift into high gear and really take the lead in a relationship.

shy_at_first

View Profile
Why is it so hard to find a good Christian to chat with on this site
Posted : 20 Dec, 2008 10:56 PM

Don't give up.

And I think being active on the forum is a good way to let people who view your profile know you're still around.

shy_at_first

View Profile
me
Posted : 20 Dec, 2008 10:44 PM

Not every guy is all about the looks.

Yes, some are, but there are some good ones who are just looking for a woman with a sweet spirit and confidence in who she is in Christ.

shy_at_first

View Profile
Are there any nice guys in lower AL?
Posted : 20 Dec, 2008 10:39 PM

I'm not in lower Alabama, but I'm in Northwest Florida. Is that close enough?