Author Thread
softballfan

View Profile
Why 'that' picture?
Posted : 25 Jan, 2013 11:24 AM

I am both mature and honest enough to be in a comitted relationship. Also, don't expect the person I'm in that relationship with not to notice other attractive women. Would however, take acception if while shopping for a wedding ring he was so overtaken with lust, he had to leave. As I said before, it would be another thing if she was being inappropiate with you, but your comment was that she was beautiful and smelled good. Got to imagine there are more than a few women that fit that category at your church too. Do you have to rush out of a service if she sits to close and she smells good? Just saying. Think there is a lot more going on there if it's that big of an issue for you.

I am thankful that we do not live in a society where we have to cover our entire body and heads. I'm not saying that I want to walk around half naked, but thank God there are tank tops as I live in an area where it's often 115 degrees in the summer. If my wearing a tank top puts some guy in a spin than all I can really say is that I feel sorry for him and more importantly for her.

softballfan

View Profile
Marrying for money.
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 06:07 PM

I would never marry for money. But, then again, I've never had an issue supporting myself. I do hope that the person I marry is successful, but think that money can come and go, especially in this economy. I've heard so many men in the past year say they were getting divorced because they lost their job. Feel really sad that their marriage was based on how much they can provide. I used to joke that they guy had to at least make as much as I did. As my salary went up, my expectations actually went down. Got harder and harder to find a guy in my income bracket. Although, these economic times have hit me as well and my salary has been knocked down so maybe there is still hope for me. LOL

softballfan

View Profile
would you?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 06:00 PM

Not getting into the semantics of the word burring, my short answer is no. The way that I read the question was whether or not I would marry someone just because they could make someone a good husband. I don't want a someone, I want that person that makes me smile, I can talk to for hours, that I wake up and go to sleep thinking about, that when something good or bad happens, they are the first person I want to call, etc. The fact that they are a great Christain guy with a decent job isn't enough for me.

softballfan

View Profile
Small Up Top
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 05:46 PM

If they can't accept you for who you are, move on. Personally, I think women who get enlargements are crazy, but that's only because I'd love to have mine reduced. Trust me, you don't want them. Pain in the neck/back litterally and I think you look a lot larger if you are top heavy than if you are bottom heavy. Just me happy with yourself. I've found that I'm most attrative when I am feeling good about myself and have that inner glow. I have those days in sweats, no make-up and fully decked out in an evening dress. Just focus on yourself and being happy with yourself and you'll see that others will then be attracted to your inner glow too.

softballfan

View Profile
Need a little help:)
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 05:35 PM

Actually read her profile and send her a quick message that comments on something in her profile. Nothing is worse than getting a big long email that is clearly a generic, sending it to every girl out there kind of message. Those kind of emails typically get unread and deleted. Also, make sure you ask a question. Make it so that if she is interested she feels inclined to respond to your question. Another words, I think you are good looking and we have a lot in common probably won't cut it even if she likes your profile if she has twenty similar emails like that in her inbox.

softballfan

View Profile
Would you be attracted to a Christian man with knowledge of theology and/or apologetics?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 05:30 PM

I agree Tulip89. Too bad you are young enough to be my son. Someone snatch him up quick. :glow:

softballfan

View Profile
Why 'that' picture?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 05:24 PM

Are you serious? A good looking, great smelling woman sends you into a frienzy and you can't shop for a wedding ring? Sounds to me like you aren't ready for marriage. I could understand if she was coming on to you or something, but simply being there is sad that you can't control yourself. If my fiance came and told me he had to leave a shop because a good looking woman smelled good, I'd really start questioning whether or not he could be trusted if something that small was an issue. What happens if you travel and go to a pool or beach?

softballfan

View Profile
What are the 3 main attributes you look for in a man?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 05:16 PM

A must is an honest, non-smoking, Christain man. However, these 3 alone don't really even scratch the surface. I'm also looking for someone that I can talk to for hours, is caring, great with kids (or at least my kid). Someone that can make me laugh but knows when to be serious. Someone that is taller than me. Etc. There isn't a shortcut in having a few attributes to ensure a connection.

softballfan

View Profile
Is there such a thing?
Posted : 30 Dec, 2012 05:04 PM

Since you asked for the ladies to respond too, I decided to reply. Honesty is always the way too go. However, if you lay out every single aspect of your life and what you expect from the person you want to date, well, your profile may be sooooo long, the reader gets bored and clicks on the next person. IE: the bit about not needing a rich guy, but wanting someone with a job is probably the case for 90%+ of women out there. I don't think anyone sets out looking for a guy without a job and don't think that this is the site to use if you want to strike it rich. Unless you are specifically having issues with guys messaging you that don't have jobs, I'd get rid of that line. I guess I'm trying to say keep it honest, but clean it up so it's easy to read and keeps their attention.

I think you do need to mention your visual imparement because you don't want to waste your time heading down a path that the other person can't handle when they actually meet you.

FYI on the replying to messages. I don't reply to a lot of messages sent to me. Not because I want to be rude or disrespectful, but simply because I am really busy and would spend half my time replying to emails on people I'm not interested in rather than spending time responding to people where there is an interest. I also almost always never respond to winks mostly for the same reason. I'm going to spend the time focusing on communicating with someone that wants to put that extra effort out to get to know me and isn't just fishing sending thousands of winks out.

Well, I wish you the best. Keep praying that God will send the right guy your way.

softballfan

View Profile
THIS IS NOT A CHRISTIAN SITE!!!! BE WARNED CHRISTIANS!!!!
Posted : 11 Jun, 2012 09:29 AM

Being a Christain doesn't mean replying to every IM or email sent, if I did, I'd live on my computer. Don't think that is what God intended for my life. Think your expectations are a little off. Just like dating in the real world, if you are interested in someone, doesn't mean they are interested in return. Just gotta keep praying that God has someone out there for you and keep up the search.

Tip for guys (I've heard several women say this). If you send a wink or a one liner Hi on IM or email, they probably aren't going to reply unless your profile just blows them away. A wink shows mild interest and with so many emails, probably will get ignored. Most women only want to connect with someone that is really interested. Doesn't make us unchristain like, but rather good stewards of our time.

Also, if you decide to stay on this site, read the persons profile nad see if you meet their criteria. For example, I would never date a non smoker. Smoke gives me headaches and wouldn't want my daughter around it. NO EXCEPTIONS. So, if a smoker emailed me, I'd ignore the email. Or, if someone said they never wanted kids, that would be a massive red flag to me since I have a child. Again, too many emails to respond to someone that didn't read my profile. So don't set yourself up for failure and message someone that you clearly didn't fit within their desired criteria.

Anyway, good luck. Remeber prayer works. Keep praying that God will open the door and the right person for you will walk in.