Author Thread
crleader

View Profile
How committed could you be?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:13 PM

This is a good one.... as it states in 1Corintheans chapter 7... to marry the virgin bride is good, but to remain single is even better.

I came across that section the other night through a study and it struck me the way you posted it here. Makes me truly think. Being single, its very easy to give God your all, where when you become involved the obligation you have is turned twords your significant other... Chapter 7 puts it "your views become worldy". Yet, God has given us the need to be with others through marriage, relationships and so forth.

As I said, this is a good post lol.

God Bless

crleader

View Profile
What does God want ?
Posted : 21 Jan, 2009 10:06 PM

For me its a matter of breaking it down... what are the Truths of Christian Dating "that may or may not lead into something long term and or committed." What are the venues I can be in, in order for situations to arise so that I can learn from them, What God wants in all of this.... then seeking God in order to learn how to treat a lady the way God wants me to treat her.... not as I was raised, or taught by my parents to treat her. But to Prayerfully consider all of this, seems to be a liftime of messed up jeans from being on my knees so much and Praying lol.

To me, what God wants in my relationship(s)... whether it be an item i.e. bf/gf, being exlusive, courting, fellowship or even marriage is that I am to learn how to treat the other as a child of God. Learning to accept the nurturing/loving role of the female as I am the leader, down to not crossing into sin in order to hold a relationship, rather keeping God first in everything. All of this is easier said than done, from my own experience... cuz this is where the rubber meets the road.

God Bless

crleader

View Profile
What does God want ?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2009 07:02 PM

Folks, have you ever stopped and Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as an individual ? Then have you Prayerfully considered what God wants for you as a partner in a relationship or in a relationship in general ?

Please feel free to post all or any thoughts on this.

God Bless

crleader

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 13 Jan, 2009 07:50 PM

Hopeful, you are right on that... but its not only through physical contact. You can form a sexual tie through mental anything, even by desiring that person in your heart.

God warns us to be sexually pure for many reasons. Lust is sinful, yet desire "can be" of God. The Song Of Solomon is looked upon in 2 different ways A.) The marriage between Christ and the Church, B.)A real life love story between a man and a woman.

Sex is a beautiful thing, which God created, strictly for marriage. Not to be misused. As you look at the difference between a perscribed drug and illegal drugs.... sex is the same. And can become very addicting. Reason 1 why God wants us all to remain pure. Another reason is that lust is a big cloud, once lost in it, anyone "including myself" can lose site of God. If you where to go through out the day gocking over "sexy" anything, just another step into sexuality and another step away from God.

This is very dangerous grounds, and I pray for those who are lost in it.

God Bless

crleader

View Profile
Something to Consider
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 05:10 PM

From my own experience, its just like watching a relationship involving an addict and someone just a year clean/sober.

A Christian who is hearnestly seeking God through Christ will eventually be brought down by someone who isnt doing the same. The Bible states "the darkness and the light will always be in constant conflict, because the darkness will never understand the light ".

God Bless

crleader

View Profile
Now how about swearing?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 08:31 PM

Cuss words are everywhere, and can be used to describe a wide array of things. But one thing you have to consider is that any given choice of words used to proclaim a bad intention is bad words. For example, something stupid like "shoot diggity" bein used to proclaim sheer anger twords someone.... is bad. So what we consider as cuss words now, what would be considered as cuss words in the future ?

crleader

View Profile
What are some good Christian rappers
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 08:18 PM

Lecrae

Trip Lee

Excelsius

DJ Maj

DJ Primo "who chops and screws Christian rap and raegaton"

The 116 Clique

Rawsrvnt

Tiko & Gitta

crleader

View Profile
John Eldredge
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 10:27 PM

Personaly, I love this dude's writtings.....

Waking The Dead, Desires, The Sacred Romance......

And guys, I highly reccomend reading Wild At Heart by John Eldredge.

Another fav. author is C.S. Lewis specially the 2 books The Great Divorce and The Screwtape Letter's.

crleader

View Profile
Must-have Christian rock albums
Posted : 7 Jan, 2009 10:20 PM

For those who love the classic and harder Christian rock......

In The Kingdom by WhiteCross "although they put out so much good stuff..... "

Any album by Ken Tamplin

And the POD album by Tourniquet "Christian Metal"