Author Thread
Cuzzie

View Profile
Guys are you struggling to get into a relationship?
Posted : 16 Sep, 2023 02:58 AM

There has been success stories on here. One of my female friends has recently got married to a guy she met on here. There are some nice women out there, dont be to downhearted that it hasnt happened yet. It can help just to let them get to know you as a friend first before starting a relationship as when you first meet you dont know anything about each other other than whats in the profile.

Cuzzie

View Profile
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 31 Aug, 2023 03:45 PM

Yes we need to take into account the cultural differences but I believe with the right people it can work. Every culture has good and bad things. If we seek to bring the good from ours and are humble/flexible enough to accept the good from other cultures we will form a better culture than our own. Biblically based of course. As far as dowries are concerned i think its a case of how we look at it. Personally i dont have an issue with it. For me its a case of showing my repect and gratitude to them for bringing up the type of Godly woman that i want to spend the rest of my life with.

Cuzzie

View Profile
dating online
Posted : 31 Aug, 2023 03:00 PM

Please excuse the spelling. Should have checked before posting.

Cuzzie

View Profile
dating online
Posted : 31 Aug, 2023 02:58 PM

it deoends on your definition of dating. For different people it means different things. For some its the ohysical avt of going out somewhere together for others its a definition of what type of relationship it is. Either way it is not courting, that is when you know they are serious about you.

Cuzzie

View Profile
Can you have something on the "must have list" that you don't have yourself?
Posted : 31 Aug, 2023 02:47 PM

Short answer is yes. For me its that she must be female :)

Cuzzie

View Profile
What is the effect of Womens Liberation movement on christian men?
Posted : 6 Jul, 2023 07:45 PM

It depends on the definition of equality. What was being fought for back in my parents time was genuine equality. Equal pay for same job, and I'm 100% for that. If you look (in our country anyway) at what is being sought now, it is in my opinion beyond true equality. As far as relationships are concerned God gave us the guidelines to go by in the Bible. His ways are higher than ours and his thoughts higher. He is all knowing and a perfect and loving father, so we know we can trust his ways as the best way.

So what effect does it have on Christian men? As singles looking for a partner... in some way not much because you still get to choose who you marry. There just may be fewer to choose from in our culture which is why many are looking at women from other more traditional countries now.

At the end of the day if we(both sexes) seek God first and do our best to live by what he says in Bible, including in relationships, then we are more likely to attract the kind of Godly spouse we are seeking.

As far as marriage is concerned. Allowing him to be the head does not disempower the wife, for 2 reasons. 1: You are the one choosing it. Its your choice not his. 2: As a married couple you are 2 people coming together as one. So he is now a part of you and you are a part of him. So by loving, respecting, esteeming, each other (both ways) you are in some ways also doing it to yourself. Particularly when it lines up with scripture.

Now as far a s guys are concerned we need to be willing to take the responsibility that comes with leadership. ..Men love your wives as Christ loves the church, willing to lay down your lives for her. Its not a free ride and we need to take our part seriously too, that will in turn make it easier for her to allow you to be the head of the home.