Author Thread
swt937countrygal

View Profile
The Birds and the Bees
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 12:02 AM

IDK. What I do know is that if we seek God first, he will know the desires of our hearts and he will reveal to us his will for us IF we actively persue his direction.

Also lil nugget to ponder.....it blew me out of the water while reading the pasage below at my bible study. Christ is PRAYING for US. I think thats often taken for granted.

Romans 8:34

Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died�more than that, who was raised� who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.

swt937countrygal

View Profile
The Greatest Friend
Posted : 21 Jan, 2012 08:48 AM

Footprints in the Sand

One night I had a dream...

I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and

Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.

For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand;

One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of my life flashed before us,

I looked back at the footprints in the sand.

I noticed that many times along the path of my life,

There was only one set of footprints.

I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life

This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it.

"Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,

You would walk with me all the way;

But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life,

There is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why in times when I

needed you the most, you should leave me.

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious

child. I love you, and I would never,

never leave you during your times of

trial and suffering.

When you saw only one set of footprints,

It was then that I carried you."

swt937countrygal

View Profile
Worship: Our ULTIMATE calling
Posted : 21 Jan, 2012 08:17 AM

I believe God made us and calls us to worship him. The bible has many scripture references to this. In this it is not JUST singing either....I used to think it was.

True worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. - John 4:23

Just read a great book on this topic. The Adventure of Worship by Gerrit Gustafson....a great writter with an abundance of insight that blew me away.

The Power to bless the world around you is a direct result of your ministry to the Lord.

swt937countrygal

View Profile
The Birds and the Bees
Posted : 21 Jan, 2012 08:07 AM

Online dating is for the birds. lol :toomuch:

swt937countrygal

View Profile
Quotes and saying
Posted : 11 Jan, 2012 02:50 PM

I quess in the original post I can say I have got a rotten apple, but when I reached for it it looked perfect. Latter I came to find out it was indeed a rotten one. lol. I can't say it was all I wanted, it was a lot of what I didn't want too. I think that comes with a relationship....things you wanted and things you didn't expect. For 3 years it was what I seeked or looked for. Perhaps there comes a time when all apples go bad. It takes a choice if you decide to make applesauce or continue to let it rot more and the apple needs to be gotten rid of. Either way we are not perfect apples. Even if we think we are, at some point I think God will show us our imperfections and how we can transform our lives into applesauce....lol.

swt937countrygal

View Profile
Quotes and saying
Posted : 7 Jan, 2012 02:08 PM

well said!

swt937countrygal

View Profile
Quotes and saying
Posted : 30 Dec, 2011 10:36 PM

idk. I dont think the shoot down part is exactly right. People have a lot of issues with themselves these days. Issues one should not take so personally. I dont think a man or a woman should just go and get the next thing with two legs either. I don't think God inteded for anything to be the way the world is now but he certainly saw it coming to what it is. In my mind a man should try and follow what God has outlined in the bible: to love honor and respect his wife like christ did with the church. And the woman do the same as it is outlined in the bible: to love honor and respect her husband. I think love is taken lightly too. Look at how christ loved all those people in the church - it was diciplinary not degrading, honest, pure, holy, sacrificial, forgiving, faithful.....lets face it:

Without LOVE there is nothing - no role of a man or a woman with out love. Thats my standing for the moment.

swt937countrygal

View Profile
Quotes and saying
Posted : 28 Dec, 2011 08:53 PM

I dont think i have ever watched the Dr. Laura show. I don't watch TV a whole lot. But I guess my first impression after reading the "Men are like apples.." line I was appauled cause it was kinda like it was saying women are easy and they will just pick up any old rotten apple (guy) that no one wants. I do agree with the standards point you made. That should be with both females AND males. I guess my philosophy has come to Pray for the best, expect the imperfect, but know God would never forsake me....even if that means being single till I meet Him in heaven.

swt937countrygal

View Profile
Quotes and saying
Posted : 28 Dec, 2011 10:40 AM

I read a quote on here a GUY had on their profile. It read:

A man is like the apple on a tree. the best ones are @ the top of the tree the women don't want to reach for the good ones. because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt instead they get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good but easy. and they end up getting not what they seek...

I found it kind of demeaning to women. I can see how society has changed to that maybe because men aren't what they used to be. And that has caused women to change. What if you read this quote with the positions switched and A woman is like the apple on a tree. - How would you take that?

Im just curious what people think about the role of a man and the role of a woman I supose. However I don't think its right to bash the other sex either.