Author Thread
theDave

View Profile
Men Who Cry
Posted : 31 Jan, 2011 05:50 PM

I cry during pixar movies.... does that count?

As to sensitivity at large, well I'd say that I'm aware of the emotions of others and in a way I'm empathetic. I've embraced some of my friends who were in tears and wept with them or if I didn't actually weep, I gave a shoulder to weep on.

But that doesn't keep me from speaking the truth. I've said what's needed to be said at the risk of friendships and relationships. I'll be scared to death but say it anyway because deep down inside I know, not think but know, they need to hear it and I love them too much to with hold from them what they need to hear. Now sometimes I'll wait a few days; but I'll still say it.

Now as to the the men who cry versus being sensative issue... to me that's being sensative. I think.

theDave

View Profile
Want to Help Write a 7 Word Story About Us? :)
Posted : 27 Jan, 2011 01:32 PM

But then, out of nowhere, a flash

theDave

View Profile
Are there any Calvinistic girls out there?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 01:58 PM

@ Presby

I think that discussing theology is a lot like playing rummy or spades. There's a lot of diffierent rules and you really need to discuss them before you start playing.

There are a lot of terms used in Christian circles that have been defined in different ways. So we need to get on the same page with these terms so that we can understand each other better.

What is (a):

covenant (you brought this up so i thing it's a decent place to start)

faith

grace

works

mercy

love

The scripture says "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith�and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God� not by works, so that no one can boast"

So I think it's a little important to understand the ingredients of salvation--grace and faith

theDave

View Profile
to guys from a guy - how do you handle The Question .. "Does This Make Me Look Fat" ...?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 12:59 PM

But I wouldn't say that men are the master's of women either. Scripture clearly says that men are to love their wives as Christ loves the church.

A whole lot of responsibility falls on men to treat women very well.

theDave

View Profile
to guys from a guy - how do you handle The Question .. "Does This Make Me Look Fat" ...?
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 12:22 PM

Also, when I do comment about the blimp and Tommy Boy it's so fully dripping with sarcasm that she absolutely knows, not thinks; but knows, that I'm not at all being serious about it. It isn't said to hurt her at all.

There's a way to say something to make it not mean what you're saying but actually quite the opposite. Yeah. That's sarcasm.

Does that make sense?

theDave

View Profile
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 12:18 PM

LOL!!!

I understand where you're coming from chevy and I probably should have prefaced my comment a little bit better! I have personally been around several unrelated groups of Christian women and heard about them openly talking about "training" their men. And even further commenting that if they are having issues, it's because their men "aren't trained."

Maybe, for some reason, that's only a regional thing and thus doesn't happen all over america like it happens here; but I'm willing to bet that it's a fall of man kind of issue. Read about it in Genesis.

Also, I think it's worth noting that I understand quite a bit about feminist philosophy and in a very large part I am a feminist. And when I hear about Christian men using the Bible to control, subdue, conquer and otherwise dominate the women in their lives, be it wives, fiancees or girlfriends, I go absolutely nuts and confront them to their face about it.

I'm sorry if I sounded the slightest bit chauvinistic. That really wasn't my intent.

theDave

View Profile
Posted : 26 Jan, 2011 06:12 AM

The answer is "Yes!, That garment of clothing makes you completely blimp up like Tommy Boy!!" Even if it's true or not. Now you have to couple this with another practice: the practice of complimenting her before she has the chance to ask you the fated question.

The reason why you do this is merely for training purposes. You have to train them to let you compliment them out of your own free will... which you have proven that you want to do over and over again.

Thinking about it again this also depends on the the girl who asks and if she really wants the truth (be it good or bad) or she is attempting reverse training and is conditioning you to answer in a certain way no matter what.

theDave

View Profile
Earliest memories
Posted : 25 Jan, 2011 05:14 PM

OK, I literally remember being in the crib as an infant seeing light move across the wall.

Looking back it was just a car with its headlights on passing by. but that's my earliest natural memory.

I remember being 5 and hating going to church. I remember trying to sabotage our weekly trip to sunday school putting rocks (small ones) underneath the tires of my grandparents' Buick Le Sabre. It didn't work.

I got "saved" at 7 when I got dragged to a Sunday night chruch service, which didn't seem fair because we had already gone that morning, and the preacher asked if anyone wanted to go to heaven. It seemed like the most logical thing in the world! I mean, who wouldn't want to go to heaven? That day I asked Jesus to come into my heart which didn't really make sense to me at the time; but He is God and the world was still magical at the time so I figured it was possible. (This was before I had ever seen one of those Hollywood behind the scenes shows where they show you how they make special effects)

I got saved this morning when I woke up and spoke to God. I read His word and asked Him for the wisdom and the guidance to, just for one day, live for Him.

I'll probably get saved again tomorrow morning.

theDave

View Profile
How come no one responds to me, Am I that bad?
Posted : 25 Jan, 2011 04:55 PM

I think you're cute... (not in the alternative lifestyle kind of way)

Does that count?

theDave

View Profile
Do you have any "kitchen specialties" that EVERYBODY loves and you would feel SO BAREFOOT BLESSED TO MAKE for Your Special Guy from God?
Posted : 25 Jan, 2011 04:51 PM

I'm actually a good cook and at home in any kitchen. I can't quite say that I know a lot of recipes by heart. Here's one thing that I did invent, and that I have had several requests for...

Mansagna

or El sagno

It's basically a man's lasagna. Take a typical lasagna recipe and the add half again the meat and half again the cheese. (Manly Deliciousness)

Here's where it get's tricky, and this is where I may lose some of you, brown the meat in either bourbon (I use Four Roses Bourbon) to get a smoky sweet flavor in the beef, or an IPA (it doesn't really matter which one, it just needs to be very hoppy) for more of a light, fresh flavor.

Also Tabasco habernero is a must! Just be careful with it!

When the Mansagna is constructed and you're putting the cheese on top, 4 ounces of white cheese dip adds just a little extra man-power to it.

Serve this Manstrosity topped with tortilla chips.

This takes a bit of love and care and a lot of testoserone to make but if you do pm me and tell me how you like it!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5