Author Thread
GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Men, what are we going to do?
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 05:08 PM

Marvel, its not your responsibility to change my mind. I wonder if at some point with that, you would be stepping out of what you believe is your place (tis is not sarcasy). I will continue to use the gifts God has given me, cause, well that's why I have them. Thanks though.

Bit of togue and check, right? Do you really want a man who will lie to you and put his mother before you? I mean it all sound cute and all, but if you think there would be on problems in your home, you have a lot to learn.

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Posted : 18 Jul, 2012 05:48 AM

So there is no misunderstanding, I am not judging Paul, or you for that matter Marvel, and so very glad that is not my �job�� I do know that God says everything should be done decently and in order. But a woman OF GOD speaking in church is neither indecent nor out of order, unless it is against the �wishes OF THE PASTOR and/even regardless of the fact that God has equipped her with gift to be utilized in that way, HE decides. So believe what you will, and I will continue to experience the awesomeness of our Farther, cause He is truly awesome :applause:

Respect back at cha

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Beauty is Fleeting...Charm is Deceptive...What does this mean to you??
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 08:45 PM

Wow.. Ok.. I can do this...

My worth comes from the Lord, end of story. Men (mankind) can be deceived and can be deceptive. what it all boils down to is that the only one I should take care in pleasing (as a single woman) is God. Charm brings a good feeling, but truth is better.

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
What's your passion in life?
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 08:19 PM

When I read this question yesterday, my 1st thought was live theatre. But , while it was true, it didn't feel right to me.. thought about it for awhile. Changed my focus, used to really want to know what God was all about (whch makes me think of the verses in Rev (1st love..) regarding the churhes.., how, why, what, and I want that again. I want to understand... everthing else at that point I'm thinking?? would fall in line..

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Posted : 17 Jul, 2012 07:51 PM

For all intent and purposes; I did say it was from an amplified trans and maybe not perfect. There really is no need to attack me. I have a passion for understanding God, and it is THAT that I am guilty of, and as a result, have nothing to prove; to you..

Would like to know your thoughts on Deborah from the book of judges, the prophet? (mentioned her earlier�??) She was married. The bible says (in every trans I've read ) that God is the same today, yesterday and FOREVER And yet God used this woman, who was married to Barak (that was his name and I don't want to hear about it) to LEAD an army. Man has authority over HIS wife � not EVRER OTHER woman on the planet.

So, did God change his mind at some point.. Deborah certainly didn�t lead an army of MEN with sign language and no anointing?? If you study Paul (his writings) you will see a certain �flavor� from this man. You will see wisdom and you will see �how� he writes. He expressed his feelings on the subject as he did more than once in the NT. He said �I� do not permit, not God does not permit, not �it is Godly to�, not �God commands�. �I� do not permit; women to speak�

But I will not turn this into a bible study/ I will probably turn it into a play thought.. well, I'll see what God says about this one.. At any rate, I am not responsible for how you study the bible.

I am filled with the Holy Spirit (regardless of one�s judgement), chosen by God, more than a conqueror, whose dreams desires, hurts and wants are acknowledged by God and tallied to boot, made in the image of God for His Purpose. I was called, given gifts that I have no doubt He has used for His purpose. And with MUCH to Learn, my God takes delight in my worship and my telling him my deepest secrets and rest in Him.

He does not change but equips me for His glory, His purpose and He uses me in the way that HE has chosen, I�ll take that any day over backward or manly thinking.

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jul, 2012 07:08 PM

that's an amplified trans, not saying its perfect, just saying, it's a translation. We're told to "Study" the word and for the record I count on the Holy Spirit to reveal the word to me, and He does, and when He does I am most certaiinly not quiet about it.

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Are We Scapegoats?
Posted : 16 Jul, 2012 06:54 PM

amen

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Posted : 16 Jul, 2012 06:39 PM

My Dad who comes from the woman should't wear pants thinking has even gotten revelation on this.

God has given me ability to act, driect and write plays.. but by what you're saying , my involvment in drama minstry which is to say, my involvement of ministering instructing, worship, and TEACHING in church shouldbn't be allowed beause I'm a woman. Why did God give me thses gifts then? Why does the Holy Spirit take over and no matter how many times I read something I've written I'm in awe (Of Him). If I'm doing the wrong thing, why is He helping me, giving me understanding. Why has God taken the once very shy, insecure woman and make her feel at home on a stage?

Have you checked out other translations of the text?

Have you looked up why Paul gave this instruction?

What was going on at the time? Why did Paul feel it neccessary to inform the chuch that women should be 'silent'? Especially after knowing full well that God used Deborah as a prophet. Certianly Paul of all people knew that right? Bod doens't change. I'm not arguing, if that is what you believe that is fine, I'm not going to stop God from what He's doing my life though, not from one translation of Greek.

" don't let women take over and tell the men what to do. They should study to be quiet and obedient along with everyone else. Adam was made first, then Eve; woman was deceived first�our pioneer in sin!�with Adam right on her heels. On the other hand, her childbearing brought about salvation, reversing Eve. But this salvation only comes to those who continue in faith"

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jul, 2012 09:37 AM

I've been taught that reference means the woman shouldn't have authority, which is also what the stillness or 'silence' in the scripture there means. Why would God tell the church to have women sit in silence? Babies cry, children giglgle, but women don't speak.

We don't have authority, different issue, and not what I said. Usually, well, my usually anyway a woman preacher, minister, whatever has a husband unless windowed who is her leader. As for preaching/teaching, today these are synonymous, iagiain in my usaual. In areas of marriage lets just say, would it not be benificial to hear a message from the other side of the pastor's marriage/experience as well as his? I am so grateful that this is available to me.

Curious,how do you feel about female alter workers, they pray, they lay hands, they hear from God, they advise, yes, they are silent, when you are telling them why you've come up, hopefully they are anointed, they are approved by the Pastor and they hear from God up there.

GraceAndKindness

View Profile
Posted : 15 Jul, 2012 09:22 AM

Should I ask him or his preaching wife?? No offensen intended but why would God if an anointed that he forbids use of?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9