Author Thread
ptl4now

View Profile
Isolated from God....
Posted : 18 Aug, 2012 02:10 AM

I got saved when I was 19...I am now 35.....for at least 14 years I followed after God wholeheartedly....yet never felt fulfilled....never had his prescence strong in my life....I read, I prayed, I went to church, I served...I did all I knew to do to draw near to God so he would draw near to me....yet, I have always felt a huge gap between us....I rarley felt his prescence, rarely felt any direction from him, never felt his touch or heard his voice....A year and half ago I gave up....I have wrestled for intimacy with God, and I have not yet received it....I feel like a hypocritical Christian, a fake one....I dont know hwo to surrender anymore than I have, yet I feel like God is withholding himself from me, and withholding his peace, joy, fulfillment and strength from me....I am out of strength....I am out of surrender....I have nothing left in me to give to God....Am I the only one that feels so distant from God??? What happens when you give everything you have, and get nothing back??

Oh dont get me wrong, I see his goodness in my life, his blessings rain down on me, he gives me good gifts and had finally brought some stability to my life, and i am very grateful....these gifts are wonderful, but I dont want his gifts, I want HIM.....I have so much to be thankful for, but I want His presence!!! What is to be done with me???

ptl4now

View Profile
Luther
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 03:20 PM

One of my all time fav movies, this is it...its is well done and entertaining.....

For me, the appeal is discovering that Martin Luther, an imperfect man, who was greatly used by God, struggled so much with depression...there are some great lines in here that bring me comfort....I save this movie for when I am struggling with depression.....helps the depression.....

ptl4now

View Profile
Facing the Giants
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 03:16 PM

I think its a little hokey, a little over the top....but I love it....its one I keep in my arsenal for when I am depressed...it helps pick me up......

ptl4now

View Profile
Am I The Only One Who Hates Romantic Movies?
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 03:14 PM

I dont like romance movies. They make me feel lonely.

ptl4now

View Profile
Toxic Faith by stephen arterburn
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 03:09 PM

Not fiction. Also published under the less controversial title, "Faith that hurts, Faith that heals"

If you wonder if you are in a healthy church, or think maybe you see some red flags, check out this book.....

I was in a bad, bad church, and this is one of the books that validated my reality, and helped me see things more clearly....

NO church is perfect, but there is a line of what is acceptable, and what is cultish, hurtful, or abusive.......

ptl4now

View Profile
The Subtle Powers of Spiritual Abuse by Jeff Vanvondren
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 03:06 PM

Not fiction. If only it was. If only there werent churches out there that hurt people, and hinder their walk with Christ. If you have been there, this is a great book for you. Jeff has several books that helped me heal, the others are

Families where Grace is in Place......(great for church families and blood families)

Tired of Trying to Measure UP?? was also a very helpful book for me to read.......

He has some other books I need to get yet, like Good news for the Chemically dependant....I loaned it out before I got to read it....big mistake, hahaha....

ptl4now

View Profile
Outstanding Christian Authors or Novels?
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 02:43 PM

Francine Rivers, as mentioned, is Class A, the best.....her Mark of the Lion series was my fav of what I have read of her....and gives you teh romance fix....

My fav books for chrisitan fiction is Frank Perretti's....THIS PRESENT DARKNESS, and PIERCING THE DARKNESS......great christian ficiton story, and it makes an impact on how you see the role of prayer in our life....great books, on my must read list....

ANother great author is ted dekker.......He has a series, Black, Red, White..it was a trilogy, than he threw in Green....and than added more series off this series...I have only read the first three, but look forward to reading more of them......

Hope you enjoy these books as much as I did!!!!

ptl4now

View Profile
Ellen G White
Posted : 20 Jul, 2012 02:38 PM

It is too bad Ellen White was proved to be a false prophet numerous times when she named times that Jesus woudl be back....the last time being much more vague "within her lifetime", which also proved false when she died and he had not returned.....

Ellen White may have been ahead of her time, but she was off a bubble too.....