Author Thread
singledan

View Profile
NOT HARASSING GIRLS
Posted : 27 Nov, 2008 05:46 AM

I think its easy to read a little too much into things sometimes. We should at least try to empythise a llittel more and seek to understand each other. I certainly do not communicate correctly all of the time. Sometimes I might get nervous or falter in self esteem a little and as a result say something that is not quite fitting. If someone tells me that they are perfectly complete or totaly self confident all of the time, I know that they do not realy know themselves and their self esteem is founded upon a false pretense. We make it much harder to meet people than it needs to be. Again, all becuase of self getting in the way. A wink could be a simple way to see if the other person might remotely be interested in me. If they responded, then I would ask questions and open myself up to thier's. Is there anything wrong with that ?

singledan

View Profile
Time for a change......
Posted : 27 Nov, 2008 04:50 AM

Truly knowing Christ personaly and intimately engenders first an honestly with self. God's Word has a way of dispensing with the decieptfullness of our own hearts, giving us a truer understanding of who we are and what we are made of. In the end, there is little room for pride, self deception, and deciept, and we learn that we must keep guard against these things by having God's Word hidden in our hearts and by the power of the Holy Spirit, continualy conforming us to the immage of Christ. We are all capable of flattery and boasting of things we are not capable of accomplishing in order to get what we want. Manipulating others is a very poor and low level of relating to others. We all need to pray earnestly that God would bring us to much deeper and truer forms of communicating and loving one and other. As I grow closer and closer to the Lord, I find myself loving others more maturely, and more devoid of self.