Author Thread
Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
Lost meaning of missions/missionary
Posted : 14 Jun, 2012 06:53 AM

Your post saying that there is still a lot of people in different areas to be reached reminds me of Joshua. It looked like a lot was accomplished, but so much more needed to be done.

Joshua 13:1 When Joshua was old and well advanced in years, the LORD said to him, "You are very old, and there are still very large areas of land to be taken over.

Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
Lost meaning of missions/missionary
Posted : 13 Jun, 2012 07:34 PM

I believe the problem with man is the heart of man. People need to hear the word of God that do not have access to it or have not heard it. So the need is Spiritual.

How do we do this? By renting a space? By going to a village and having an interpreter?

There is also physical needs, so those need to met too and provided by those you have those means or gifts.

But the thing is will they pay attention because we feed them? Will they pay attention cause we meet their physical needs?

Will they hear and believe in the word of God which ensures their salvation?

I here of people as well describe it as a trip, but it is so much more than that, I can only imagine. I want to know more and be a part of a Mission in the future, may the Holy Spirit guide us on where to go, what to do, and how to do it when we get there.

Please pm me if you still have sincere contacts in the mission field.

John 6

6 Some time after this, Jesus crossed to the far shore of the Sea of Galilee (that is, the Sea of Tiberias), 2 and a great crowd of people followed him because they saw the signs he had performed by healing the sick. 3 Then Jesus went up on a mountainside and sat down with his disciples. 4 The Jewish Passover Festival was near.

5 When Jesus looked up and saw a great crowd coming toward him, he said to Philip, �Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?� 6 He asked this only to test him, for he already had in mind what he was going to do.

7 Philip answered him, �It would take more than half a year�s wages[a] to buy enough bread for each one to have a bite!�

8 Another of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter�s brother, spoke up, 9 �Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish, but how far will they go among so many?�

10 Jesus said, �Have the people sit down.� There was plenty of grass in that place, and they sat down (about five thousand men were there). 11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, �Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.� 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten.

14 After the people saw the sign Jesus performed, they began to say, �Surely this is the Prophet who is to come into the world.� 15 Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
A prayer for the single Christian
Posted : 13 Jun, 2012 06:42 PM

A beautiful prayer and worth sharing with others.

Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
A prayer for the single Christian
Posted : 13 Jun, 2012 06:42 PM

A beautiful prayer and worth sharing with others.

Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
And the battle goes on
Posted : 13 Jun, 2012 06:37 PM

May you let the Holy Spirit be your guide, may Jesus Christ work through you and overcome all obstacles in your path. May you rely solely on Jesus Christ in everything you do.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
Your Prayers Are Heard
Posted : 13 Jun, 2012 06:31 PM

Your prayers are powerful, your prayers are heard. God does wants the best for us and the best from us. We pray about a lot of things, our prayers are heard. Do not stop believing in prayer. Even the Church in Acts did not expect Peter to be delivered, but their prayers were answered. Sometimes we do not know what to pray for, or we pray for things there is no need to pray for, just pray to Jesus Christ that his will be done and it will be heard.

Acts 11-18 Amplified Bible

11 Then Peter came to himself and said, Now I really know and am sure that the Lord has sent His angel and delivered me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting [to do to me].

12 When he, at a glance, became aware of this [[a]comprehending all the elements of the case], he went to the house of Mary the mother of John, whose surname was Mark, where a large number were assembled together and were praying.

13 And when he knocked at the gate of the porch, a maid named Rhoda came to answer.

14 And recognizing Peter�s voice, in her joy she failed to open the gate, but ran in and told the people that Peter was standing before the porch gate.

15 They said to her, You are crazy! But she persistently and strongly and confidently affirmed that it was the truth. They said, It is his angel!

16 But meanwhile Peter continued knocking, and when they opened the gate and saw him, they were amazed.

17 But motioning to them with his hand to keep quiet and listen, he related to them how the Lord had delivered him out of the prison. And he said, Report all this to James [the Less] and to the brethren. Then he left and went to some other place.

18 Now as soon as it was day, there was no small disturbance among the soldiers over what had become of Peter.

Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
Bible Study
Posted : 7 Jun, 2012 02:28 PM

The new function I suggest is voice chat for the Bible Study room in particular. It is difficult to type and follow the Bible at the same time with other without voice chat. Other sites also have a feature where there is a time limit each person can talk to take care of the mic hogs.

The rooms are still a good place to organize a live meeting, there are resources available online to do Bible studies online right now. Posting time differences on here and setting specific times would be a good way to organize a meeting.

Feel free to message me to do a Bible study and find other suitable people in your time zone.

God Bless

Michael82Immanuel

View Profile
Bitter experience
Posted : 24 May, 2012 06:53 AM

You can talk to people for years online and on the phone, but you get to know them a lot better and quicker when you meet them in person and make a real effort to get to know them.

Another thing to keep in mind is people can label themselves whatever they want and label something whatever they want. It takes studying and research, asking the right questions and prayer for answers and for the truth to be revealed. Let Jesus guide you, trust, rely and cleave to him, have patience and do not lose heart.

2 Corinthians 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.