Author Thread
txgrimes

View Profile
Howdy!
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:32 AM

I give a full-hearted "howdy" from the great state of Texas. I'm Kelly and am looking forward to chatting and messaging with my new friends.

May his grace and mercy bless you in your lives!

Kelly

txgrimes

View Profile
Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:30 AM

I certainly don't think it's fair to judge others for their past sins, as we all have sinned at some time or another. Having a sexual relationship in one's past certainly does not mean that he/she is not committed to His higher goal.

To reply to your post, I certainly think that now, as a divorced mom, it is more important for me to set a positive example not only to my child, but also to the children who I mentor in the church. My convictions are that I am to remain chaste in my singlehood.

I believe that far too often, especially early in relationships, that we confuse infatuation and emotional connection with love. Sexual intimacy can further confuse us.

Each has his/her own opinion on this topic, with more people leaning towards the more liberal, current side. I guess that means that although there are fewer mates for us chosen celebate Chrisitans, we will have a better pool of candidates to choose from.

txgrimes

View Profile
Equally Yoked?
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:20 AM

I'm intrigued by the idea of being "equally yoked" to one's marraige partner.

In my 20's, I fell "in love" and married a non-believer. After 8 years of marraige, he stepped outside of our marraige, having a long-term affair with a woman he worked with. Because our marriage was only based upon the emotional "love" and sexual infatuation of our youth, I believe that we never set God as the foundation of our marraige. Thus, the marriage I once thought was indestructible has now dissolved.

I'm just curious if others are wondering about God's will for our lives, in particular our future marriages? Is it okay for me to be the one seeking friendships here online, instead of trusting in Him to provide his perfect mate for me?

Your thoughts on finding God's perfect mate for you? Thoughts on being equally yoked?

txgrimes

View Profile
FAVORITE SONG LYRIC'S
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:14 AM

I love Decemberadio, especially Drifter. I'm also hooked right now on Switchfoot and Need to Breathe...

God uses these songs and their lyrics to speak to my soul and replenish me.