Author Thread
laurie1969

View Profile
Do you ever feel down? What do you do about it?
Posted : 15 Nov, 2013 07:56 PM

When I feel down, I start counting the blessing God has given me. I will go find someone to help or do something nice for someone.

laurie1969

View Profile
I still haven't seen any answer on how one can KNOW, 100%, that they are elected!
Posted : 30 Oct, 2013 08:53 PM

How do you become elected? By accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. By acknowledging that you are a sinner and unworthy of God's love. Because of God's love for US, he sent his one and only son to take on the sins of the world so that we can have that opportunity to spend eternity with our Creator.

Does this mean that once you are saved you are automatically going to heaven. No, by accepting Christ you are asking Him to come into your heart and remove the sin, we focus our daily faith journey on Christ, developing THAT relationship. When you turn from Jesus you break that bond. If you repent and come back to Christ, he will welcome you with open arms.

The 10 virgins and the oil in their lamps. You have to be ready for the bridegroom to arrive. You have to have the oil for your lamp. You have to shine brightly and don't hide it!

laurie1969

View Profile
Why women shouldn't Pastor
Posted : 30 Oct, 2013 08:23 PM

Timothy was in Ephesus where the women were forbidden to study scripture. The false gods they worshiped resulted in sexual orgies. Paul was telling Timothy that the Ephesian woman should NOT hold a position of leadership not because they were women but because they were not as knowledgeable about apostolic doctrine. He also said that the men should not hold a place of position if they were new believers. You can't preach to a congregation without having experience in God's Holy Word! It would hurt the Church of Jesus Christ. He also noted several women who WERE teachers and were Christ's workers. Paul didn't want the Ephesian women to use their sexual attractiveness to lure men to God. Women should dress modestly at church simply because the purpose of going to church is to be close to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We should not try to appeal to God sexually, we can't do it.