Author Thread
kristina_f

View Profile
Abortion and what you can do about it in your community
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 05:44 PM

I would like to tell you guys about how to take a step to stop abortion in your community. Its called "40 Days for Life". As a Christian believer, I feel the cause of the unborn is a very worthy cause, and one that I and other Christians should support.

Abortion is an abomination. God's Word speaks about abortion, even though the words "abortion" are not directly mentioned, if you use discernment, that is what God is talking about. For example;

Romans 9:11 "for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil" (Here God is calling the "Unborn" children, not fetuses or clumps of cells, but children.

Jeremiah 20:17 "Because he did not kill me from the womb, That my mother might have been my grave, And her womb always enlarged with me" (God is speaking about killing from the womb, ie abortion)

Many other scriptures also support the prolife views, too many to list here.

God Bless. If you would like to take part in 40 Days for Life in your community, or would like to hear more about it, check out

www.40daysforlife.com

Also, see www.stoptheabortionmandate.com for an interesting webcast about abortion. Some of the speakers include Dr. James Dobson from Focus on the Family, as well David Bereit from 40 Days for Life.

Thanks for listening....

Kristina

kristina_f

View Profile
40 Days for Life
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 05:36 PM

I would like my fellow Christians to be aware of a campaign that will start in September. It is called 40 Days for Life.

Basically what we do is to stand in front of Planned Parenthood and other abortion facilities in our local community and pray with a group of others. Not shout, not be rude, but just silently, or quietly pray. The important essence here is that we are showing our presence as Christian believers in front of Planned Parenthood and showing people that we are not in agreement with the performing of abortions.

If anyone would like more information about this worthy cause, and to show your support for the Pro Life movement, please check out the following website:

www.40daysforlife.com

I took part in this last spring, and I can tell you it is a valuable cause...our group personally witnessed several women who came up to us and told us "we have changed our minds...we did not go thru with having an abortion". These accounts came in all over the United States during the 40 days, and I believe the number of babies saved was around 300 or 400. Small steps, but still steps in the right direction. Please consider taking part in the fall campaign if your community has a "40 days for life". If not, consider starting one if your community next spring. Or, just pray for this cause.

I'd also like to mention that there are some cool ProLife resources available at www.hh76.com Heritage House. Bumper stickers, hats, shirts, etc to display the Pro Life message. If you have never checked it out, you should. (I don't work for them, lol, just like their products).

Anyways, thank you for listening...Praise the Living God!!!

Kristina

kristina_f

View Profile
Should I Pursue This?
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 02:52 PM

Hi Eric,

Well, I need more details to help you pick the right "dream girl" from your selection. lol. No seriously, I do. Like, for instance, which one do you like more? Why? What is your gut reaction telling you about each girl. Do you feel like you are settling for one or both of them. If so, that's not good. Proceed with Plan B...eliminate both girls and move on / wait for the right girl. First key here is PATIENCE> it's not easy waiting, it's hard to decide. We are given unlimited options with everything else in this little world of ours, and usually, instant gratification. In the marriage/dating world, it is required of us to shift our focus. Slow it down. Be careful and THINK> you need to use the logical part of your brain and really think about things.

What attracts you to either of these girls? What about each one makes you think they might be right or wrong for you? Are these girls Christians? (That will make the decision easier if one of them isn't a Christian, fyi)...umm..Yes, so let's have more details so we can hopefully help you make an informed decision, or at the very least, partially guide you in the right direction.

Love,

Kristina

kristina_f

View Profile
Christian Online Etiquette
Posted : 12 Jul, 2009 02:45 PM

What an awesome well-written, intelligent post. Bravo. We all should be striving to be more Christ like in general, and also keep that in mind when we are responding or not responding to one another's messages. I sadly have failed before in being Christ-like in my responses to people, but always try to be polite. Unless I ignore them, which I don't think is Christ-like at all. Sigh. Will. Try. Better. Next. Time.

Love,

Kristina :MrT:

kristina_f

View Profile
tarot cards...good or bad?
Posted : 9 May, 2009 04:28 PM

Bad.

The Bible talks about sorcery, the occult, fortune tellers and astrology even, I believe, and how all of these things are against God, and not what He wants in our lives. I believe that tarot cards and psychics fall under this category, and are not for Christians. We are called to be separate from such things. Do yourself a favor and get into the word more, and it will highlight for you which things are "clean" and which are "unclean" . May God show you how to live your life through His Glorious Word!

Amen, brother, much love to you!

Kristina

kristina_f

View Profile
A N T HE M-Strategies for Fighting Lust
Posted : 2 May, 2009 12:26 PM

Wow! wonderful post! thank you for sharing...

Kristina :applause:

kristina_f

View Profile
There are good Christian men!!!
Posted : 9 Feb, 2009 12:49 PM

I would like to give a shout-out to an awesome guy. Ladies, if you are looking for a really sweet, romantic, gentlemanly guy, then check out my Brother in Christ's profile....

Justinmkbland

:glow:

kristina_f

View Profile
Why it is important to have a Christian GF/BF or spouse?
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 04:47 PM

First, it is important to be equally yoked to the person that you are spending the rest of your life with. They could interrupt your walk. I am trying to find a fellow Christian, or rather a Christian fellow!

I think that non-Christian guys cannot possibly understand a commitment to abstinence before marriage. It is simply too hard for them to grasp that idea. They will constantly try to get you to compromise, and be waiting for you to "cave in". However, this narrows the dating possibilities. I wish "regular" guys could understand and accept that I want to wait to have sex (again) (I am not a virgin) until marriage, since I was "born again". But, I think most guys who are not Christians only have one thing on their mind and simply don't get the commitment that I now have. They think I am weird, a religious nut, and prude. Oh well!!!! See if I care! :nahnah: I am livin for Jesus!!!!

I feel very strongly about this, and hope that other Christians do too. I would hate to think that Christian guys think they can dabble in things that are meant for the sanctity of the marriage bed without getting into trouble with God. The Bible has alot to say about fornication, and nearly every single time it mentions which groups of people are NOT going to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven, it always mentions sexual immorality and fornication.

Don't do it! Literally!

Good luck in your walk, fellow Christian singles! :purpleangel:

kristina_f

View Profile
Compromise...
Posted : 11 Jan, 2009 04:20 PM

I would HOPE that Christian guys would not pressure girls to compromise on their values re. intimacy. Then I would think that these would be rather "secular" guys. I can see "secular" guys trying to get girls to compromise on their stance of staying abstinent before marriage, I have personally witnessed it. This is why I am seeking out Christian guys, in the hopes that they will understand my values and want to have these same values for themselves. If Christian guys are trying to get girls to compromise, then all is lost.