Author Thread
gharold

View Profile
For my Spiritually Mature Christian Family: Open the Door of Full Surrender
Posted : 12 Aug, 2010 06:13 AM

I would say that the fear people experience is that God would have them abandon their comforts and pleasures. The Lord Jesus says that unless we deny ourselves, take up our cross and following Him daily we CANNOT be His disciple. The Lord Jesus does not make it easy to be His disciple. We are so distracted by the things in our life that we don't see that He IS our life.

gharold

View Profile
LIVING A GENUINE CHRISTIAN LIFE
Posted : 3 Aug, 2010 05:48 AM

Val, you spelled it phonetically, but it's usually transliterated "oikos", which is the common word for "house".

This issue is major problem in the church at large. Many churches are half full of pew sitters that only come to church on Sundays for their weekly worship fix and never involve themselves in the life of the body of Christ. As a result the Church suffers because we ALL desperately need one another for the body to function properly. I'm afraid that it will take a good dose of suffering to wake many of these people up and to see the need of the vital connection with God's people.

Imagine how the kingdom of God would advance if God's people were all vitally active with one another and engaging the world as salt and light.

gharold

View Profile
What about the age limit?
Posted : 31 Jul, 2010 08:35 AM

Thanks, VK. I have found that their are many women on this site that have their preference set for younger men by as much as 20 years. I think you are right in calling this practice a natural weeding out. Why are they really here? Seeking God's will for their lives or looking for the next ex-boyfriend or husband? Proverbs 19:14b, "a prudent wife is from the LORD"; conversely, so is a prudent husband.

Greg

gharold

View Profile
What about the age limit?
Posted : 20 Jun, 2010 08:38 PM

I put "any age" for my preference. I'm not going to artificially limit the woman that God has for me by age.