Author Thread
cologreeneyedgirl

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 10:47 AM

Robin,

Just wanted to say you are "right on" with your comments and advice. I commend you for being a strong Christian woman with unyielding values---and yes, some men look at divorced or widowed women as easy marks. Those kinds of men are "preditors" and not the type God wants for His daughters to begin with. God continue to bless your work on the Praise Team and finding a mate.

cologreeneyedgirl

View Profile
Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 29 Aug, 2009 09:09 AM

Marriage is a "covenant", a contract or agreement between two persons. Even if one acts outside the marriage in relationships, it is not Ok for the other too also. Two wrongs don't make a right. Until a marriage is completely "dissolved" by "divorce" then you are STILL married and the spouse of another. To date or begin dating someoen who is still "attached" to a spouse is wrong, and God forbid an unholy physical relationship come of it---then that adds Adultery to the list of wrongs also.

I personally have always looked at it in this respect---until a marriage is completely disssolved by divorce---it IS A MARRIAGE COVENANT----and there is ALWAYS the chance for both parties to reconcile. Ask yourself....would you want to be guilty of standing in the way and helping to further break a union of marriage if God might be trying to bring them back together? Or....would You want to... or would you want another person should you be the seperated one... to want to take the risk of investing emotional energy, time and your / their heart in a relationship that may go nowhere---ultimately leaving YOU or that other person being the one hurt if reconciliation should happen? In every way it is wrong for ALL parties and is against God's laws concerning marriage, divorce, remarriage, etc.

I hope something I have said helps.

God bless.

cologreeneyedgirl

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 12:14 PM

The Bible makes very clear the difference between pre-marital sex which is referred to as "fronication" and the act of Adultery which is the unfaithfulness of a spouse sexually or mentally (Christ said...."if you look with lust in your heart...you have altready committed adultery in your heart) or can also be referred to as a person who is involved sexually with someoen that is still the spouse of another.

NO WHERE does the Bible say, or condone that sex outside the binds of marriage is right or good. Rather....the Lord Jesus himself included "fornication" in the list of "sins of the flesh"--- and stated that those that did so would along with all liars, homosexuals, drunkards, etc ...not enter into the kingdom of heaven. So, if one will just read the first 4 gospels...Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...they alone make all this clear.

Walk with God and do right in His eyes always.