Author Thread
Dallfinz

View Profile
BROKEN HEARTS
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 05:34 PM

I definitely have a broken heart. I was married for 10 years just to find out that my ex-husband was cheating on me for sometime. I guess he had been playing the good-like-Christian wife for a fool for several years, until I put parental controls on the computer for my teenager and found out the truth.

Now, I don't trust my judgment because I thought he was a good man, but I was very wrong.

I am recovering from the situation, but am really fragile, especially about second guessing how I will ever know a good man when I find one.

I guess I have to let go and let God. Thanks for comiserating.

Dallfinz

Dallfinz

View Profile
Do girls Know?
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 05:27 PM

To throw a monkey wrench into the situation, I think that women find it difficult to tell when a man is genuinely interested also since women get bombarded by aggressive male advances for the wrong reasons. I tend to second guess when a man with the right intentions approaches in a respectful manner because I am so used to the overly aggressive, over the top...lust driven response, and the a good man does not act that way, which makes me wonder if he is really interested. I know it sounds cliche, but I bet some women here understand what I mean.

Dallfinz

View Profile
Wanting love?
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 05:20 PM

I am also having a hard time connecting with people. It could be that I am recently divorced and am not used to the dating scene yet. Also, I am dealing with the stigma that comes from being a divorced Christian.

With this, I pose an additional question to the forum: Would anyone here be open to dating a divorced person? Why or why not?

It will get easier once I get back into the swing of being single again. Old habits die hard.

Dallfinz

Dallfinz

View Profile
Why r the majority of Christian single women either teachers or nurses?
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 05:16 PM

I am a business professor....I guess I do not qualify here.

Dallfinz

Dallfinz

View Profile
Bored
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 05:14 PM

Roc,

I agree totally. I go to a church where everyone is either old or married. I am so much the outcast there that I am losing hope on ever finding the right christian man. I hope that research study that was quoted in this forum is faulty research because I don't get out much and don't really get to meet to many people. My only chance is the first encounter type of meeting. Remember, God can do anything...and he can bring the right person to you!

Dallfinz

Dallfinz

View Profile
True love waits
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 05:10 PM

I am divorced, and even despite that, I am going to wait again until I remarry, if I ever do. I think it is based on respect for the other person and yourself.

Dallfinz

View Profile
My kids are my life!!
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 05:05 PM

I have to say that my kids are the closest I have ever come to helping in a miracle. God bless children!

Dallfinz

View Profile
Are Christian guys shy about dating Christian women?
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 04:57 PM

I agree with the statement about Christian guys. Actually, I would take this statement one step further. I go to church daily and notice that A) I am the youngest person there, and B) there are very few men. Again, I must state the question in a different way: Where are all the young, single Christian guys to begin with....are they a dying breed? First, we must find them before we can determine why they won't date Christian women.

Dallfinz

Dallfinz

View Profile
Hi...I am a 37 yr old Christian Female from NJ
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 04:50 PM

I am so new to this online dating thing....actually, I am just back on the dating scene after a divorce and soon to be annullment, so this stuff is very foreign to me. I don't remember it being so difficult to meet people when I used to date before I got married, but that was 10 years ago...before the internet craze. Where do you go to meet nice, like-minded christians? Wow...being on the dating scene again is scary.

Please pray for me.

Dallfinz

Dallfinz

View Profile
Christain Daddy (25)
Posted : 24 Sep, 2007 04:45 PM

:prayingm:

I agree that it is tough to be a single parent these days. I am a single mom of 2 and it is a challenge that makes me pray constantly. Just wait for the teen years!! LOL

I hope I can survive my daughter's teen years with grace and with my sanity still in tact.

Take care

Dallfinz