Author Thread
IamthatIamIam

View Profile
Knowing deep in your "knower"
Posted : 25 Feb, 2013 08:09 PM

You know who we are is changing everyday! Every second if you really want to get technical about it. How are we to truly know ourselves if we are always changing. Let alone how are we to know someone else who is also changing. You have to take a leap of faith I guess. You have to trust that God will show you what you need to know about yourself, your date, and how you relate with them.

Our human minds like to think we can figure it all out. We like to think we know our flaws and others flaws. But do we really? I know God certainly knows.

To me relationships with all people, not just proposed marriage partners, are like mirrors that God strategically places in our lives to help us to see ourselves and the impact we are having on the people in our lives. People are one of the many ways God helps us to grow and to learn to love like Christ. Unconditionally.

So my advice is.......Don't diminish the love you have to give by over analyzing it. Love is simple. It was never meant to be difficult. We were born to love! :-) Just look at a new born child. It is pure love! It does not need to explain its love or justify it. Children feel love! they don't think it.

It seems as we grow older we tend to forget just how easy it really is to give love! After being hurt our defense mechanism start to develop. Some of us dwell in guilt and shame, some become cynical, some indifferent, some ultra critical. The list goes on an on.

For me the joy of giving Love out weighs the joy of receiving it.

And how am I to share this love I have inside if I let it become poisoned by the complexities of mind.

Jesus had a clean heart and head. He knew that forgiveness was the key. In this way he purified his love. He gave of himself completely ,without all of the baggage of his past, all the time. Just pure unconditional love! :-) He never asked to be loved in return, he simply just loved!

So forgive often,have faith, let your LOVE! pour forth and let God do the rest! :-)

God bless you!

Chris