Author Thread
emmabe

View Profile
(KJV) I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Posted : 23 May, 2014 05:18 PM

First: there is no need to quote my writings in your reply. You're contaminating this forum enough as it is with false teachings.

Second: you seem to have put yourself above us all. Now who's judging again??

Third: you avoided my question on how you 'translate' Rev. 22:19. doesn't surprise me. (see basic psychology for answer as why you do that)

You might wanna start to accept prayers from people that don't belong to your cult.

Who knows, those prayers may get you saved some day. Amen.

to Versavia: keep it up girl. God bless you.

emmabe

View Profile
Posted : 9 May, 2014 02:36 PM

The Bible should be interpreted literally, grammatically, contextually, and historically. Deut. 29:29; John 10:35; 2 Tim. 3:15-17; 2 Pet. 1:21; 1 Cor. 2:13

On a literary level: a word can have more than one meaning. It relies on the context mostly on which fits best. I guess you never thought about that.

Your ridiculous attempt to translate here lacks context and history for sure. you don't need to be a rocket scientist to immediatly see that, and I don't buy your so-called empowerment by the Holy Spirit. 'Apostate' and 'false prophet' come to mind. Sad very sad indeed. I'll pray for you.

emmabe

View Profile
Posted : 8 May, 2014 02:41 PM

so you use the google translater. It shows! lol

maybe find yourself a nice teacher to start with.

If your only language is English, then why attempt to translate old Greek?

emmabe

View Profile
Posted : 7 May, 2014 03:13 PM

disagree

The basic meaning of the Greek word ψυχή (psūkhē) was "life" in the sense of "breath", formed from the verb ψύχω (psukhō, "to blow"). Derived meanings included "spirit", "soul", "ghost", and ultimately "self" in the sense of "conscious personality" or "psyche

For one, KJV is not a one-man translation. It took more than 50 men and 7 years to come to this version of the Bible.

So now you, and you alone are gonna say they were wrong?

Not even the modern translations like NIV,ESV,... changed to "soul".

Also, I read God's Word in English, Dutch, French, and German. Dutch, for example, doesn't have the extensive vocabulary that English has. Quite interesting at times.

My heart may go to the KJV version of the Bible, but... I do not judge anyone who reads a different version, as long as the right message comes accross.

I wonder how you translate Rev.22:18-19.

emmabe

View Profile
[Last post] "but if they do not receive you, SHAKE THE DUST OFF YOUR FEET"
Posted : 5 Mar, 2014 01:42 PM

:applause:

Thank you Lord!!!

emmabe

View Profile
The Theosis of Men: There is no such thing as "the Doctrine of the Trinity".
Posted : 3 Mar, 2014 02:28 PM

You are a very sad person, and shame on you to call yourself a Christian.

May the Lord open your eyes to His Word so that you can find the truth.

emmabe

View Profile
Disobedient and ungodly women are women who try to teach men, when the scripture forbids it..
Posted : 26 Feb, 2014 03:01 PM

By the looks of it.... u can learn a thing or two from me though :)

emmabe

View Profile
People are the stumbling block
Posted : 4 Feb, 2014 03:45 PM

I recognize someone here.

I fell into the same pit, and struggled a lot -still am struggling at times- to get out and find the right path to walk on again.

The best thing about salvation, is that you can never lose it! Thank you Lord!

Anyway, in my case I learned that in order to 'fit in', I had to shut up, and let go. God will judge. Not me.

Speaking out, honesty, humor even, ... are in many cases not appreciated by fellow Christians. The only way to tell someone he/she is maybe not entirely right is to give and live the better example and pray for them.

People can be very dissappointing. Luckaly God created more then man alone. :) which reminds me to let the dog back in..

Have a blessed day

emmabe

View Profile
What you confess is what you get
Posted : 4 Feb, 2014 03:06 PM

author is Patience Otubor.

It's all about faith.

Good book to read and to have within reach on those moments in life where anxiety and stress sneak into your life.