Author Thread
lovnlifein08

View Profile
What women really want
Posted : 14 May, 2009 03:46 AM

This is a very interesting group of responses from everyone. It is kind of comical in a way. He wants, she wants, I think he wants, I think she wants......

Relationships are not about wants, it is about needs and being able to meet eachother needs. Not only being able but being willing to even when there is absolutely no return on the investment. If you are seeking to get into a relationship so that you can fulfill a list of wants and wishes, well, you might want to think twice, because you might come up short.

It would be a dangerous thing to enter into a relationsihp expecting the other party to fulfill your wish list. Relationships are there to share life with another person, an intimate relationship is there to share life intimately with another person. I believe for that to be possible we must become a servant to the other and serve one another. By serving the needs of the other, our own needs are met. In order to meet needs, we must be able to share our needs and that requires trust and honesty.

When a man loves his wife or serious girlfriend in the same manner he loves himself and his own body, I honestly believe there is not a woman out there that would not be willing to meet ALL the man's needs, and all has not bounds! The major problem is that men do not treat women as they would treat themselves. So men do not get their need met.

I do not even think men think about that concept.

Would a man call himself stupid. No he might say that was stupid of me, but he would not say hey Steve you are stupid and mean it. Would a man belittle himself with a sarcastic joke meant to be funny when he knows it cuts like a knife against the heart. Would a man cheat on himself? I mean the list is endless as to why wives and girlfriends leave relationships yet the bible is clear how men ought to treat their wives.

And the bible is clear how women ought to treat their husbands and we are just as guilty. SO when we decide to finally get it right, Jesus came to serve and to seek and to save the lost. When will we as individuals seeking relationships learn to serve?? I have, now I just need to be patient, but it has been a very, very long, long road in a very deep dark valley... I pray none of you have to go there to learn what I have learned.

God Bless you all!!!!

Sue

lovnlifein08

View Profile
What makes me so amazing to non-believers but christian guys tend to loose intrest?
Posted : 14 May, 2009 03:20 AM

Kspang22 - I read your post and I can completely relate to what you are saying. I have been divorced now 5 years after a 20 year marriage ended. I had no desire to be divorced nor do I have any desire to be single. I have dated mostly christian men but these men were only christian by word and not be deed.

I ask often, why are the non christian men I know willing to be in a relationship with me and strong christian men do not even seem interested. My answer from my experience, there are very few strong, devoted, servants of the Lord God almighty who are single and want a Godly, God fearing, christian woman. OR if they are out there, they do not have the confidence to go after that which they seek.

The other thing is christian men can be intimidated by strong christian women because it is difficult for the man to see what he has to offer to the woman. Like some said in other posts, non christian men are looking to see what they can get from you and then when they have conquered they will move on. I am not saying we need to be weak, and needy, not by any stretch of the word, but we do need to be able to let the strong christian men know we do need them. We do that by affirming men and encouraging and supporting them. We do that by not always trying to figure things out on our own. We do that by letting them into our world and then thanking them for entering it. We do that by making sure we tell them we are proud of them and we do that by telling them we need them. We do that by letting them lead and allowing ourselves to follow.

Do not give up and do not compromise for you are so worth the wait and do not let anyone tell you that you are not!!!

Be strong and of good couarge and be strong in the power of His might and I pray His will be accomplished in your life and that as you abide in Him, He will give you the desires of your heart!

Sue