Author Thread
Dayna389

View Profile
"Your such a great guy, that's why I turned you down"
Posted : 29 Aug, 2009 12:07 PM

I agree with legendofthecrucifix, A Godly man is what any Christian woman should be looking for, sadly many just dont look for that.

On a personal level however, I never really label a guy as bad guy or nice guy. For example I do want a guy that has fun and can be extreme at times, and has confidence in himself. Both spiritually and physically. If he is not confident in these ways how can he believe in his salvation, or how can he have confidence that he's making me happy or is good enough for me? All a man has to do is read the word with me, pray with me, love me and have fun with me. That to me is perfect. A guy is only a bad guy to you if you label him that way, same for the nice guy.

We can't judge people that way, men or women.

Dayna389

View Profile
Please pray for me
Posted : 29 Aug, 2009 11:09 AM

Tim. my prayers are with you.

just remember, we have authority through Christ to rebuke these spiritual attacks. you bind them and command them to leave you in Jesus name. stay strong brother in Christ.

Dayna389

View Profile
Christian in the Military
Posted : 29 Aug, 2009 10:49 AM

I know what its like to be in that kind of situation, all the friends i went to school with since grade school are non believers. In fact many have stated being atheist. I loved my friends so much, I just ignored it. But sometimes they would mock God in front of me and still i would ignore it. It always made me feel guilty.

Im not in any military branch but I know its a tough place to be, especially for a christian, because you are surrounded by things that are tough on your faith.

The advice I can give is just to pray for the Lord to bring you someone, which Im sure youve done.

Have faith and be patient. He will bring you someone.

I will be praying for you.

Dayna389

View Profile
Praying for America
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 11:52 AM

What many Christians don't understand is that America will never turn to the Lord. We need to pray for Gods people who are in it, not the nation itself.

America is too full of idols. Our flag, lady liberty, the president, people don't see it but these are all IDOLS!!!! And there are many many more.

We sing praises to the flag, we pledge allegiance to the flag, we salute the flag.....

these words should sound a bell off in your head.

some of you may not like what im saying but if you really stood back for a minute and look at what America really is, you'd be shocked.

America itself is an idol.

Freedom? what Freedom? what do you think we are free from?

our rights mean nothing. our freedom means nothing.

only God makes us free.

Judgment is coming and if Christians think America is going to be spared because it is a "great nation" and we pray for it, think again.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but my allegiance is to God alone, not the president, not the flag and certainly not America.

Dayna389

View Profile
why is it so important to be equally yoked.. ?
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 11:28 AM

There are scriptures all over the Bible that tell us.

Amos 3:3 How shall two walk together, if they be not in agreement?

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers:for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity, or what communion has light with darkness.

This scripture includes more than marriage, it includes fellowship, church, yes there are false believers in the church. Read all of this chapter and it tells you what God commands of us in this situation.

It is important to stay equally yoked, however, here are other scriptures for those already in an unequally yoked relationship.

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 But to the rest I say, not the Lord: If any brother has an unbelieving wife, and she is content to dwell with him, let him not leave her. (13) And the woman that has an unbelieving husband, and he is content to dwell with her, let her not leave her husband. (14) For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

I suggest reading any of these scriptures for yourself, cause it may say something for you personally.

Dayna389

View Profile
Is Long Distance realistic...??
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 10:56 AM

I can't say for myself cause i never had a long distance relationship, but i watched my sister go through 2 long distance online relationships. ( i got her permission to share). and both times it didn't work. the first relationship went strong for almost 3 years. she went to see him (in Missouri) and as soon as she got back, things just started going bad, this was about a year ago. She tried again this summer and this time he came here(from Texas to Oregon) for about a month. But again it didnt work. And she met him on this site. What i have learned, is that you won't really know until you actually meet the person.

But it could work for some people. thats how my parents met. She lived in Alaska and he lived in Oregon.

I agree with "DontHitThatMark" though. If it is meant to be it will happen.

I know God has someone for me and everyone else. so it doesnt matter how, where or when you meet him or her.

Dayna389

View Profile
Can I get an opinion
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 10:37 AM

I think you did a great job on the poem. and im sure it will make your brother happy. maybe youll even see a tear lol.

congrats to your brother and his bride.

Dayna389

View Profile
So what do christian ladies really look for in a guy?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2009 10:27 AM

hey. of course he must have God and Christ.

but also someone that is not too high on himself, having self confidence is great but not to the point of having an ego.

has to be fun and funny, not too serious. And if a guy will let me drive his car, pay for a meal once in a while, and sit down and pray and read the bible with me, hes bank lol.

ya thats me :)

Dayna389

View Profile
Prayer Request for family member
Posted : 2 Jul, 2009 12:23 PM

hi, my name is dayna. My grandma died about 5 months ago from cancer. I know its hard to see your grandmother go through this, but i have an encouragment.

When Jesus went to the cross He took the curse with him, and sickness, cancer, diseases etc are all part of that curse.

Your grandma was healed at the cross, by faith.

1 Peter 2:24 "who He himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteuosness; for by his wounds we WERE healed." past tense :) we were already healed when Christ died. It is we who allow the curse to come on us, we have the authority of Christ to rebuke it and everything that is part of it.

You may not see her healing in the physical, but spiritually. Always take Christs report, not the doctors. Have faith, brother in Christ. God Bless. Your grandmother is in my prayers as well as you and the rest of your family.