Author Thread
beluved_lily79

View Profile
Women what do you like to see in a man's profile on here?
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 08:35 PM

So true! Thanks Bread Lady! Hopefully these posts will help the guys on here to understand all that...

God bless!

beluved_lily79

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 6 Jan, 2009 04:49 PM

Wow... all of these posts are amazing! It is so hard to believe that so many "christians" today justify and even suggest that its ok to have pre-marital sex... not on this post! Thats awesome! I guess growing up in a christian home all my life and hearing how wrong it was helps... Although I went through a rebelious time and did have premarital sex... I learned the hard way why God desires us to wait till marriage! May be it hurts women more emotionally than men but as a christian man of God you should want to guard your christian "sisters" hearts and bodies!

My small group is going through the book by Chip Ingram called... Love, Sex and Lasting Relationships... I HIGHLY recommend it! Especially if you have any thoughts of it being ok to have pre[marital sex! Its amazing how much Hollywood plays a part in what we think of romance, marraige and finding THE ONE for us. It starts out explaining how movies, music and todays culture has a prescription on finding Mr./Ms. Right....

Hollywoods Prescription:

1)Find the right person

2)Fall in love

3)Fix your hopes and dreams of future fulfillment on that person

4) If failure occurs, Repeat steps 1,2,and 3.

As Christians we have bought into this prescription in some way... you just have to be honest with yourself and decide how much.

God's desire is this... Ephesians 5:1-2 Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice of God.

In one translation it talks about being a living sacrifice and my friend last night was talking about how awesome it is when it says to be a living sacrifice and not just a sacrifice... if you just sacrifice yourself once... you are dead but being a living sacrifice means doing it over and over again... showing the love of Jesus... Read on in Eph. 5:3... its amazing!

But here is God's prescription for Love, Sex and a Lasting Relationship...

1) BECOME the right person.- Become the man or woman of God that you are desiring!

2) Walk in love. Be a giver instead of a getter!

3) Fix your hopes on God and seek to please Him through your relationship.

4) When failure occurs, repeat steps 1,2 and 3.

True love is...

To give the person what they need the most,

When they deserve it the least!

When this fails... Instead of starting over with another person, you work through it and work on yourself, continuing to become the person of God you strive to be! However if God does show you down the road that the person you are dating is not the one that God has for you, you don't have the baggage of pre-marital sex and all the emotions of it... You will also be able to part ways as respected brothers and sisters in Christ!

You can't change anyone but yourself!

God bless!

beluved_lily79

View Profile
Women what do you like to see in a man's profile on here?
Posted : 5 Jan, 2009 08:52 PM

I agree with the other girl that posted... Hearing where a guy is spiritually helps me to see what is important in his life and where he stands. As a girl that wants a man to make the first move, don't get discouraged about not getting winks and messages. I think alot of girls out there miss the man being the man and pursuing them. I very rarely will initiate anything and usually its only a wink to let the guy know that I liked his profile and then its up to him... if he likes mine then he can wink back or send me a message. I know its not easy but take the lead and show a woman on here that your not afraid of rejection... cuz that may happen... but it just means that she's not the one that God has for you... when you look at it from the stand point it makes it a little easier. Hopefully this helps!

P.S. A major turn off is when guys are posing with their shirts off and showing off their muscles!!! Guys on here want a woman that will be sensative and modest yet they don't think about guarding their "sisters" eyes! Its not something a woman of God needs to see! Thanks:rolleyes: