Author Thread
happyness101

View Profile
"The Shack"
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 04:40 AM

If you have an open mind and not "religious", you might enjoy it. It is a challenging read, but I'm not sure about the "true story" bit... I won't spoil the fun by saying more, but the "trinity" portrayed could throw you off-balance. So like I said, an open-mind would appreciate it.

happyness101

View Profile
Pray for Victoria, Australia (bushfire victims and families)
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 04:18 AM

Please pray for my now fire-ravaged hometown, Kinglake, in Victoria, Australia. The bush fire still continues as it engulfs more bushland left dry from the previous years of drought affecting more communities. [see stories from news.com.au/heraldsun]

I thank God for survivors and volunteers in this trying time.

happyness101

View Profile
Women with careers
Posted : 12 Feb, 2009 03:56 AM

Hi, LindsyB,

I am one such woman with a career and I truly love my job. I once had a good marriage and have raised wonderful kids. God, in his time, has blessed me with wonderful memories and am now in a new season in my life.

So I say, keep trusting God, He knows the desires of your heart and if getting that degree is something you find fulfilling, He will also take care of that someone who would value you for who you are.

I am on this site precisely because He will open doors for that someone who will find me because God has willed it and God has made a way for it.

And btw, I am after the forever - type of relationship, am not in a hurry, and yes I have a couple of higher education because God gave me brains and I won't apologise for them.

We have an awesome God and He loves us, His children. You are an awesome child to an awesome God by totally surrendering to His will. Love His word, they are lamp to your feet and guide to your path.

Cheers,

Len