Author Thread
BibleGent

View Profile
Looks good on paper.
Posted : 25 Sep, 2017 07:23 PM

Greetings,

I am a rationally minded person - and someone who relies on logic for my career and in most areas of my life. I certainly have emotions, and can display them when I feel the need arise, but logic does tend to rule my thoughts.

What I have found though (especially on a dating website) is that while everything may look good on paper, in reality, that is not specifically what people seem to be after. If it were a checkllst, then I would have found someone in the first few months.

So here's my question to one and all. While the logic states that people would find harmony together based on preference, standards, and taste, how much of that is actually what people look for?

Sincerely,

Still Confused.

BibleGent

View Profile
Honesty
Posted : 18 Feb, 2010 01:09 PM

Thanks for the replys. My question then is wouldn't it be a good idea to tell him this? Even if you think it's going to hurt his feelings. I may not like the truth, but it's a lot better than having to guess.

BibleGent

View Profile
Honesty
Posted : 17 Feb, 2010 05:10 PM

Whether you're being blunt, straight-forward, forthcoming or brutally honest, the truth is always the best policy. Granted we should always speak the truth in -LOVE-, but without the truth, there's really no reason to speak.

Anyway, my question is why will some ladies give a description of what they are looking for, admit that they find those exact qualities and still reject a guy? Yes this has personal application to my life. Why will some ladies just not be honest enough to tell the guy exactly why they are not interested. If a guy fits your criteria and you still don't think it's a good match, what hidden criteria did he not measure up to?

BibleGent

View Profile
KJV, NIV, ETC
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 02:27 PM

Agreed. People that don't stand for something will fall for anything. Great post!

BibleGent

View Profile
KJV, NIV, ETC
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 02:29 AM

noothergods32

If your statement "there is no such thing as a perfect translation" is true than I have a few questions.

1. God promised to preserve His Word. So why would God make that promise and only leave us with a multitude of imperfect translations?

2. If there is no perfect translation, then how can we trust any translation? If the Bible has one error, it can't be of God, because God didn't write a flawed book.

3. Who is left then to tell us what is right and what is wrong with the translation? Sinful men? Our authority must rest in something we cannot corrupt. That's why the Bible was given to us by God, and lifted higher than even the name of Jesus.

BibleGent

View Profile
KJV, NIV, ETC
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 10:12 AM

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

1.) If a Church isn't using the King James, they are more than likely using various other translations of the Bible. Why aren't they rock solid on one?

2.) God is a Holy, Just, and Perfect God. Why would his Word be anything less than perfect?

3.) God promised to preserve His Word forever. Would God preserve something that has errors?

Just some questions that lead me to believe there is a perfect preserved English translation of God's Word, that is without error. It seems to be that God would be in the business of doing that for something so important that He holds it above His own name.

BibleGent

View Profile
My Matches
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 07:46 PM

Cattleman are you part of the CDFF admin team?

BibleGent

View Profile
My Matches
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 06:30 PM

There is barely any criteria for this function on the site. Some of the things I'd like to see included to become a match for a person would be the following:

Resident Country

Smoking Preference

Drinking Preference

Denomination Preference

They already have age preference down, and while that helps, it's just not enough. It doesn't exactly have to include -everything- in the advanced search, but that wouldn't be bad either. Just some helpful hints that would make browsing the site much more user intuitive. Thanks!

BibleGent

View Profile
Why do guys have to have barbie to be happy?
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 12:14 AM

Tech,

I'm not exactly sure what your motivation was in the post, but I'd be rather careful choosing your words next time. That could be pretty offensive. Just a heads up.

BibleGent

View Profile
A true test of wit?
Posted : 30 Jun, 2009 06:35 PM

Sorry, it's not the guy from Norway.

Page : 1 2 3