Author Thread
slj3_1

View Profile
What it do CDFF !
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 07:01 PM

God bless you brother, what a testimony! Thank you for sharing. It makes me remember June 15, 1992 at about 8:30,, I came up a new creature that nite,Praise and Glory be to God our Father and His Son Jesus Christ

Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
A Husband's Role
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 07:22 AM

Lets get back to the roles of husbands and wives...If a woman,,such as the infamous Proverbs lady,,takes care of and loves her man,,and ladies that is what we do,, and he takes care of and love his woman,,such as the Ephesians man,, and both put aside the flesh and do it God's way,,then we will have a marriage that will stand anything.

I get tired of hearing about the Proverbs lady myself, but face it,,she is our role model. I listed in my profile that i do not have all of her qualities, doesn't mean I'm not gonna reach for the goals she has laid out for us. I am not her and I will never be, I believe the man God chooses for me will understand that and not press me into her mold.

As wives, we need to stand behind the man we choose, so choose well. Poor yourself into your man. It won't mean you will loose yourself, it means you will become one flesh.(that becoming part is where the work is).

My hope is to let God use me in the life of another Godly man.

May we let God's truth be known through what He has ordained.

It is NOT about us and what we want. It is about HIM and what He wants done in our lives to further the Gospel of Christ.

I had believed that God put my late husband in my life so that I would get saved. After he passed away God revealed to me that He had put ME in my husbands life so that HE would get saved. I got saved first and God called him out first. So in this way I was used of God through my christian marriage.(I have a very good testimony about this, maybe someday I will post it).

Anyway ladies and gentlemen, lets not debate about scripture, let's just follow through with them.

I hope I did some good here, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
I can't be without him
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 06:38 AM

Sweetie,,You are welcome,

God Bless, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
I can't be without him
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 09:35 PM

Dear Gorgeous,

I recieved an email from a friend on this site and he had some very good advice,,

If a man comes to you as a burden, he wasn't sent by Jesus. Jesus will only send you a blessing.

God Bless, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
Teenagers of mine
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 09:30 PM

My kids aren't teenagers anymore,,sometimes I wish they were, but most times I'm glad theyre grown. Many times ,,even now I can't believe how far they have wondered away from the fold,, Now is the time, as you well know, to force feed Jesus. Your children are old enough now to listen to the influence of their friends, it is sad to watch, but I know you have prayed and will continue to pray that the Lord will guide them,, He will,, it may not seem like it at times, but He will honor your prayers. I just have to think of it like this,,I have a promise that He will save my children and until I see that fruit,,they are just gathering their testimonies. When He saved me, it was from deep sin, and I have a wonderful testimony that still encourages others.

Praying for you, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
good word for today part 6
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 11:08 AM

psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord;

Be of good courage,

And He shall strengthen your heart;

Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Hey Cattle, I believe the Lord put these words in your head for me,, Thank you, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
I wish I could say I wrote this prayer
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 11:03 AM

Hey Kidd,, I just knew you would post again,, love ya..

God Bless, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
I wish I could say I wrote this prayer
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 05:33 PM

Dear Lord,

I thank you for this day. I thank You for my being able to see and to hear this morning. I' m blessed because You are a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for Your forgiveness..

Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You.

Let me not whine and whimper about things I have no control over. Let me continue to see sin through Your eyes and acknowledge it as evil. And, when I sin, let me repent, and confess with my mouth of my wrongdoing, and receive forgiveness.

And, when this world closes in on me, let me remember Jesus' example--- to slip away and find a quiet place to pray. It's the best response when I' m pushed beyond my limits. I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart. Continue to use me to do Your will.

Continue to bless me that I may be a blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for those who are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those who are misjudged and misunderstood.

I pray for those who don't know You intimately. I pray for those who don't believe. But I thank you that I believe.

I believe that You change people and You change things for good reasons. I pray for all my brothers and sisters. . . .for each and every one of my family members and friends and their families. I pray for peace, love and joy in their homes.. . .that they are out of debt and all their needs are met.

I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation greater than You. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight. I pray that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them and every mouth that confesses them willingly.

This is my prayer.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Love, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
Birthday Boy
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 12:21 PM

I hope I'm not tooooo late, Happy Birthday:party:

God Bless, Sandy

slj3_1

View Profile
Hello from Northern Michigan!