Author Thread
Keonikane

View Profile
Offended by race preferences????
Posted : 17 Dec, 2015 07:22 PM

I wouldn't be offended... it will be beneficial to both parties so as not to waste time and effort.

Preference is a preference... we all have them.

It's ok to state them, and if someone gets offended, then they are the one who has a problem.

For instance, I myself prefer someone fit, for I do outdoor activities and would like her to be involved in that part of my life too... not be left behind when I go biking, hiking, etc. Maybe it's not a race thing, but preferences nonetheless.

Keonikane

View Profile
Just some random questions... Read at your own risk
Posted : 6 Dec, 2015 11:43 AM

Hey Aimee... just another view...

1. In the scale of 1-10(1 being the lowest, 10 highest), how much do men mean when they say that they're "open to making friends no matter the color or race"?

I'm in the 9 and up. Reason is that I've been prejudged before so I stay away from a certain ethnicity... sad but it's true. (God forgive me...)

2. Do you prefer messaging girls first, or do you prefer girls who message you first? Why?

Either way is fine. Sometimes I see a profile that I enjoy and comment to them on it ...

What I don't like are those that contact me but haven't read my profile. Yes, it is a very very long one, but if they were truly interested, at least read it to find out about me.

3. How straightforward would you like women to be?

Straight as an arrow... honesty and transparency is my pet peeves... that's how God wants us to be.

4. What's the most ridiculous thing a girl asked you here on their first message?

My personal contact information... I don't give them out until I get to know a person well first.

Another are things already stated in my profile... showing me that she didn't read it at all. (See answer for question 2)

I have a request... how about your answers to your questions? Would you mind sharing also?

Hehe...

Keonikane

View Profile
Just a thought about...Does a Country matters in Love?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2015 11:15 AM

Strangely enough, it's easy to look at all the negative things about a certain country and begin to formulate in your mind what the country is like as a whole.

For instance... "You mean there are people living in trailer parks all their lives? The crime rate is terrible there, why would I want to live there? Tornadoes and hurricanes galore... it's not for me. You mean that you have a college degree and work at McDonalds?" ... and I'm talking about the US... hehe.

I've crossed situations in my life many, many times where they take one look at you and already prejudge your character, just for not being white.

Yet, the strangest one was this. I contacted a person to comment on her profile on something that made me smile... not trying to make any moves, but just to say hello and how I liked what she said. Her comment to me was, "Sorry, only looking for westerners". What is a westerner in her mind I never bothered asking. But when I mentioned that I'm from Hawaii USA, her attitude changed. You see, I'm Asian, but born and raised here in Hawaii. So now I'm a person of interest?

Oh, for those of you that don't know... Hawaii is predominantly Asian, check out our directory and see the names... Japanese, Chinese, Filipinos, Koreans... etc.

I lived in the Philippines for 2 years while serving in the US Air Force and travelled around the countryside while there. It's a beautiful country, somewhere I wouldn't mind living. Yes, it has the squatters villages and other negatives, but what choices do the people there have? Yes, many people in the Philippines are OFW's working abroad to support their families at home... it's not a negative thing... they should be commended for their sacrifice and hard work while being absent from their families back home.

No good paying jobs in the Philippines? Go work abroad, make more money than many professionals working there in the Philippines. You can blame the government for that.

We all have our likes and dislikes, and should be respected for that. But there is no respect for being judgemental over a country or race as a whole because of the little negativity that you see.

I'm glad that Yeshua (Jesus) didn't choose who he died for... wether you have cars or not... hehehe....

Keonikane

View Profile
Bossy, mean women.
Posted : 6 Dec, 2015 10:12 AM

Personally, it's not for me. That's far from what a scriptural woman should be like.

Yet, there may be men out there with that "cowboy" mentality... to break in a horse to conquer it. Not necessarily to win their approval, but to be the victor in breaking the wild spirited.

Hehe just my opinion.

Keonikane

View Profile
T'was a dark and stormy night...
Posted : 20 Oct, 2015 03:04 PM

Uh, my apologies...

I just can't seem to find a strong enough chain to keep my brother from escaping...

:ROFL:

Keonikane

View Profile
How do you know the Christian God is the right God?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2015 03:43 PM

You are more than welcome, and thanks for the kind words...

Keonikane

View Profile
info on Twelve Tribes
Posted : 23 Sep, 2015 11:39 PM

You can start here...

http://twelvetribes.com/

Blessings...

Keonikane

View Profile
Disputed Territories
Posted : 14 Sep, 2015 04:50 PM

Things are looking even darker on the Disputed Territories in the South China Sea.

Stay in prayer brothers and sisters...

Keonikane

View Profile
Can you relate? LDR and different time zones. When do we know if it's time to hold on or let go?
Posted : 14 Sep, 2015 04:18 PM

Firstly, my apologies for the length of this post... but this is how I relate to it.

You are right in stating that a LDR is tough. Making it work does take commitment, effort, and sacrifices to stay in one, and it involves both parties.

Concerning the matter of the time differences... do you have a set apart time when it is best to contact one another via videochat, phone calls or other types of �face to face� virtual time? Having such a planned day and time should rule out the �time management� issues you may be having.

My experience was like this... When I got up in the morning, she was sleeping. When she got up, I was in the middle of my work day. When I got off of work, she was working. When she got off, I was sleeping (she works long hours). The only real time that we could have quality videochats is when we are both off from work on the same day (Saturday for me and Sunday for her, she being a day ahead). So basically videochatting was once a week... or more with a sacrifice on my side for I didn't mind at times to be up at 2 or 3am for a little videochat during the workday, but that was seldom, and only when she really needed to.

But that didn't stop us from dropping a few lines during our waking moments via Viber thru our phones. You know, the �thinking of you�, or smiley face or flowers, pictures, or other short messages throughout the day, 7 days a week. Then again, our time difference is only 18 hours. That being said, not all guys have problems with time management, but my situation may be different, I must admit.

Now, you mentioned that maybe it's him that doesn't love you or is caring enough? I don't know, maybe he can't put enough effort in it due to being busy, or then again, the time difference. I don't know his life or schedule as maybe you do... or do you? But surely dropping a few lines here and there isn't invasive and time consuming to one's day (or night) and may make a whole of a difference in your feeling of being neglected... don't you agree?

Now, biglion44 does have a point too... to actually have an opportunity to meet. But not only meet but with a plan to spend exclusive quality and a quantity time with one another... which will take planning and may be expensive and time consuming, especially if you do live worlds apart. So a frequency of that happening may be few.

My experience? My friend is also working abroad and is on a 2 year contract. So the only real time that we could reasonably meet would be when her contract ends and when she returns to her home country... but then she would return back abroad to continue her employment under a new contract if she chooses to. It wouldn't make sense for me to go to the country of her employment for she will be working 6 days a week with long hours, and only off on Sunday. I'd rather wait until she goes home on break so we'd have that exclusive quality and quantity time with one another. Will that happen? I don't know... I might not be able to get there at that specific time due to any unseen circumstances, but hoping to make it work. Arggg, once every 2 years? :(

What is your employment situation? What is his? What is your time differences?

Again, like you mentioned... it is tough... but it will take both of you to make it work.

If you both can make it work, great! If not, my condolences...

I hope that my input may help some in your decision.

Praying for you...

Blessings...:waving:

Keonikane

View Profile
Favoriting strangers
Posted : 9 Sep, 2015 10:00 AM

Sometimes a person may favorite someone to draw attention, for your profile may have an age restriction which does't allow them to contact you, and hoping that you would contact them first which will allow them to contact you.

Also, to hark... A person has no way to control of being favorited by others, so to judge them by the amount of favorites they acquired isn't fair, for it is not their fault. Maybe they haven't found the right person yet, even from among those who favorites them. Maybe you might be the one they are waiting for.:rolleyes:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6