Author Thread
Walkimous

View Profile
SOULMATES DO NOT EXIST...NEED PROOF??? READ 1st Timothy 5:14
Posted : 6 Apr, 2011 08:01 PM

Im not sure what I believe about this one but I dont think its Satanic to believe that God created on person for everyone. But just for the Argument, what about Issac and Rachel? Didnt the servant pray for God to bring a woman for Issac and didnt that happen? What about Jesus who said what God joins together, let man not separate?

Walkimous

View Profile
christian music/secular music
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 11:36 PM

I am currenty in a time of my life where I am relooking at this issue. I used to be extreamly into Metal and punk and going to those shows was a every weekend kinda deal. But the older I get the more I want something deeper. I will always have a heart for it, but its not my main selection anymore. I dont think that music in and of itself is bad, although I think music really has an effect on you and can move you spiritually and emotionally. I mean we can all agree that listening to certain types of music influences the way we feel at times. But with that said I think that some music can depict a certain mood that can stike up negative feelings. For example, there is actually a musical interval called a Tritone and its that interval that makes a song sound dark heavy. I wont go into theory but Most metal bands use it. At one point in time it was actually called diabolus in musica ,which means the Devil in music, because of the mood it depicted. I am not saying that I actually think this interval or chord progression is from the Devil but it does give a dark sterotypical evil feel to a song. And Satan was the author of Music before he fell so he knows music and how it influences people. But even so, I really think that there are some very passionate metal bands out there! I remember listening to Funeral Of God by Zao and just fell into an attitude of worship. Same thing with the song "Forever" by As I lay Dying. I really think that the spirit behind a song is what ultimatly matters. I also had to quit listening to Zepplin for that reason, but honestly was not to upset. I kinda think that they are highly over rated and really arent that good.