Author Thread
R123

View Profile
single never married guy
Posted : 19 Mar, 2023 03:29 PM

The OP looks like an advert for his website - he has his own photo as part of the logo on the front page!

R123

View Profile
@teddyhugs; The TRIUNE GODHEAD
Posted : 15 Mar, 2020 04:15 PM

Teddyhug, you said "First of all Im in the same boat as R123 and agree with him in the first thread on the subject when he stated "When a person reads the Old and or New Covenant they will never find the word ' trinity ' nor will they find anyone teaching such a doctrine.""

Quiznos said that and I replied to it like this:

Jesus told the disciples to spread the knowledge of what is now known as the doctrine of the trinity:

"Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28.19)

R123

View Profile
Does a person need to believe in the doctrine of the trinity in order to be saved?
Posted : 8 Mar, 2020 06:40 AM

Quiznos: "When a person reads the Old and or New Covenant they will never find the word ' trinity ' nor will they find anyone teaching such a doctrine."

Jesus told the disciples to spread the knowledge of what is now known as the doctrine of the trinity:

"Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28.19)

R123

View Profile
Did God Established Government ?
Posted : 10 Nov, 2019 01:49 AM

John 19:

So Pilate said to him, “You will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have authority to release you and authority to crucify you?” Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Romans 13:

1Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

R123

View Profile
Monogamy
Posted : 15 Sep, 2019 03:37 PM

I recommend this book for a good understanding of the topic:

The Bible, Sex, and this Generation: How God's Word Applies Today by Monicque Sharman

R123

View Profile
Fatal Bible Reading Error
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 12:15 PM

3) The apostles started a sort of sect in Jerusalem, where the people had all in common etc, and Philip was appointed to 'wait on tables'.

Some people promote that idea as some sort of ideal church, but it is nonsense.

The next we hear of Philip he was an evangelist in Samaria.

R123

View Profile
Fatal Bible Reading Error
Posted : 14 Jul, 2019 02:10 AM

Sadlup "The question therefore is if this kinda of thing is in the Old Testament, could it also be in the New Testament???"

Yes. Two things come to mind:

1) Paul circumcised Timothy.

2) The apostles continued with water baptism after Pentecost.

R123

View Profile
How do single men cope with the holiday blues?
Posted : 10 Dec, 2017 04:44 AM

Just feel a bit more sad than usual and wait for it to end!

R123

View Profile
Why do some guys go overboard when you tell them they are not your type?
Posted : 25 Oct, 2017 07:06 AM

"because they thought you an easy "mark" and am shocked that you can even THINK that THEY are not good enough for someone as lowly as you"

The 'am' seems like a freudian slip? :-)

R123

View Profile
Why do some guys go overboard when you tell them they are not your type?
Posted : 24 Oct, 2017 02:35 PM

The short answer is their pride is hurt - which is indicated by the message mentioning pride, trying to make you the proud one.

I'm not sure how "dying in a empty shallow grave" works!

Page : 1 2 3 4