Author Thread
babyfacejim

View Profile
Happy Easter
Posted : 12 Apr, 2009 03:16 AM

Greetings.

Just wishing all of you a huge Happy Easter and hope you have a joyous day whatever your plans are.

What is everyone up to?

I'm unable to make it to church as im the lone cook and kitchen bound, creating a feast for old friends. Im praying that this may be a chance to talk to them openly about Christ and have a bit of spiritual banter.

Love to all. One eared easter bunny :dunce:

babyfacejim

View Profile
christian music/secular music
Posted : 10 Apr, 2009 01:08 PM

Its a heavy subject man. I'm a bit puzzled by the whole thing but i'll throw some stuff out there.

God did create music and for us to sing his praises whether it be through huge choirs in cathedrals or a 3 piece making some holy raucous in a crypt. The fact that the devil has hijacked the power of music is a true shame and so many people believing that it belongs to him is simply giving him more power than he deserves and is threatening to alienate members of the family of God who are praising the same Boss, just in different ways.

The crossroads, selling souls for guitar skills, all those rock stories are umbedded in legend, but it is unfortunate for so many secular artists to follow the path of the occult. Jimmy Page owned the house of Aleister Crowley and was heavily into the occult. So if we are serious about what we listen to and enjoy, the Zeppelin is out. So hard to cut those chords.

Im confused about those who believe but dont use their faith and fame to spread the word. Tom Araya from Slayer is a catholic but still sings the words, God Hates Us All and so much more hailing Satan and making a chioce for 666. What are we supposed to think? U2 are a Christian band but dont overtly spread the word. They dont want to be labelled as a worship band. Strange things going on here. People with power that could do so much good but dont want to alienate a fan base. What do you reckon?

I dont think rock music, especially metal can escape the moshpit image of violence and the anarchy of punkness. I havent been to a christian metal gig and would be interested to see how a crowd rocks out.