Author Thread
MsDilly

View Profile
I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 12 Feb, 2010 05:00 PM

Man looks at the outward appearance and God looks at the heart. If you are willing to flaunt yourself then I would have to say that you are not living for God. Living for God mean obedience to his commands. Modesty is something that all Christians, men and women need to practice. If you are willing to show your stuff, then you will only attract those who will take advantage of your stuff. If you want to be respected, then you need to act respectfully.

Do you think that your dress, your profile picture is pleasing to God? If you were my daughter I would tell you to cover it up. I have a 20 year old daughter and I have told her to cover it up. Sometimes she listens sometimes she doesn't but she is not walking with the Lord right now either. If you claim to be, then you should live to want to please God, not yourself. Die to self, live for the Lord.

Sometimes this lesson only comes from experience and age. Sometimes it never comes. It is a choice, just like everything else in life.

Dolly

MsDilly

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 14 Nov, 2009 07:31 AM

I think God's word is clear about sex outside of marriage. If you cannont control your lusts, then marry. I'm not exactly sure where this is in the Bible, but it is in there. And technically the Bible says is you marry someone who is divorced your are causing them to be guilty of adultry. I know God's word says that adultry is the only viable reason for divorce, but I think there are more. Physical, mental abuse would be one in my opinion. I was married and divorced twice befor I accepted Christ as my savior. Does that mean that I am and adultress? I have abstained from sexual relations since my second divorce. I'm waiting for the Lord to bring someone special into my life. Why give ourselves away before marriage, when there is no guarantee outside of marriage that it is going to work. Once married we make every effort to make it work. It is a job, we are expected to make it work. It is not a quick fix, or an easy proposition, it takes work, give and take and lots of compromise.

Dolly:applause: