Author Thread
bigheartguy

View Profile
What to Christian guys truly think about divorced moms?
Posted : 16 Nov, 2007 11:10 PM

I can tell you one thing that the only way too truly move on is to give it over to the Lord and trust him. The first step I can see from your post is letting go of the anger you have with your ex only them can you truly forgive him. One of the things that will always keep us apart from the Lord is unforgiveness it keeps us from letting the Lord work in your lives fully. Once you truly learn how to forgive and go to the Lord with questions you may find that he answers then He did with me.

One thing on forgiving someone it does not mean that you have to forget what that person did just that you have forgiven then. I may also mean that you have to forgive them even when that person does not think or see that they did anything wrong.

bigheartguy

View Profile
Posted : 29 Oct, 2007 10:50 PM

I was not talking about that type of ties. I know all to well about co parenting thing and don�t have a problem with it. The ties I�m talking about are emotional and soul ties. I�m talking about unforgiveness, bitterness, anger and resentment directed at ones Ex that�s what I�m talking about. That can happen even when a men or woman come out of a dating relationship that ended badly or was long term. Like I stated in my post I don�t have A problem with dating a single mom but that I�d take it slow starting as friends. I know how hard it is being a single mom my mom raised four kid by herself.

The truth is most guys pick up on the ties fairly easy. I can see anger and resentment in your reply with you yelling at me even after you asked for the truth. Why is that? Are you mad at me or with him for leaving you for another woman and putting you in the position of being a single mom.

bigheartguy

View Profile
Posted : 24 Oct, 2007 11:16 PM

Most all the single moms I�ve known have been great people but still had way to many ties with their Ex now it�s not to say that woman that have not had kid don�t I�ve known a number that did. It just hard to move on till the ties are broken something that can be very hard for some people. The fact is if a divorced person or even someone that has been in a long relationship has not broken the ties it will carry over into the new relationship an may end up killing it. It�s not to say I�d not date a single mom but I�d take it really really slow.

bigheartguy

View Profile
Why do "SOME" men ask us out, when we are "NO MATCH!"
Posted : 17 Oct, 2007 06:56 PM

Don't always put the shorter guy down I know of a number of couples that he is shorter then she is and very happy the Lord put them together. Who know that guy you think is to short for you may be the one the Lord wants you to be with. Keep this in mind we can not put God in a box.