Author Thread
vesterblue

View Profile
9 Men By Da Rev
Posted : 20 May, 2015 04:21 PM

9 men by Da REV. Please share.

By now I'm sure everyone has heard of the shoot out between rival biker gangs that left 9 bikers dead here in Waco. 9 men who's lives the devil stole. I imagine early that morning they woke up crawled out of bed like any of us would, maybe grabbed a cup of coffee like anyone else would. Got on their bikes caught up with their friends and brothers and rode down the hi-way like some of us would.

What were these 9 men thinking about as they rode to Waco? Family, what they would do when they got home, maybe the bike they've been working on, maybe how much beer they would drink when they got to twin peaks, maybe about flirting with the waitress's. Maybe, but I'm certain that those 9 men did not think " I AM GOING TO DIE TODAY" I don't think that entered their minds at all. It was just a day like any other , riding, joking and then in an instant 9 men lost their lives. No ! their lives weren't lost they were stolen.

I'm not going to debate, were they good men, or did they die committing acts of violence. A man came up to Jesus and said Good Master. Jesus said to him why do you call me good? There is none good but the father in Heaven. Do I try to justify what happen that day? No not at all. " Well then Rev what's your point?

Here it is. Where will these men spend eternity? James 4:14 where as you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is life? It is a vapor that appears for alittle time and then vanishes away.

No those men did not think of dying that day. But that day wasn't promised to them. The devil is a liar he comes to rob, kill, and destroy. He robbed those 9 men of what life could have been. He killed those men right there in that parking lot, and now he will destroy those men for eternity.

So what about us. Tomorrow isn't promised to us. I don't ride down the hi-way thinking I will die today. I'm sure you don't either. but in that split second when death comes, ARE YOU READY? Have you made Jesus LORD of your life? That means have you given God every little inch of your life? Holding back nothing for yourselves. Or are you playing the game Give God alittle, Give yourself alot . Are you man enough or woman enough to say I AM NOT LIVING FOR WHAT THIS WORLD CAN GIVE ME. I AM LIVING FOR JESUS PERIOD! Joshua 24:15 Choose this day whom you will serve, This world and all the pleasures in it? but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..( Da Rev translation)

Those 9 men headed out that day thinking of everything but dying. Were they ready? ARE WE READY to face a righteous God? Or will we say Lord didn't I do this for you and didn't I do that for you. Lord I went to church once a year. I gave money. Will he say DEPART FROM ME I NEVER KNEW YOU. Keep these 9 men in mind they weren't thinking I am going to die today.

Lord help us. Make us ready. Make us strong. Make us Holy. In Jesus name. Da Rev

vesterblue

View Profile
9 Men By Da Rev
Posted : 20 May, 2015 04:20 PM

By now I'm sure everyone has heard of the shoot out between rival biker gangs that left 9 bikers dead here in Waco. 9 men who's lives the devil stole. I imagine early that morning they woke up crawled out of bed like any of us would, maybe grabbed a cup of coffee like anyone else would. Got on their bikes caught up with their friends and brothers and rode down the hi-way like some of us would.

What were these 9 men thinking about as they rode to Waco? Family, what they would do when they got home, maybe the bike they've been working on, maybe how much beer they would drink when they got to twin peaks, maybe about flirting with the waitress's. Maybe, but I'm certain that those 9 men did not think " I AM GOING TO DIE TODAY" I don't think that entered their minds at all. It was just a day like any other , riding, joking and then in an instant 9 men lost their lives. No ! their lives weren't lost they were stolen.

I'm not going to debate, were they good men, or did they die committing acts of violence. A man came up to Jesus and said Good Master. Jesus said to him why do you call me good? There is none good but the father in Heaven. Do I try to justify what happen that day? No not at all. " Well then Rev what's your point?

Here it is. Where will these men spend eternity? James 4:14 where as you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is life? It is a vapor that appears for alittle time and then vanishes away.

No those men did not think of dying that day. But that day wasn't promised to them. The devil is a liar he comes to rob, kill, and destroy. He robbed those 9 men of what life could have been. He killed those men right there in that parking lot, and now he will destroy those men for eternity.

So what about us. Tomorrow isn't promised to us. I don't ride down the hi-way thinking I will die today. I'm sure you don't either. but in that split second when death comes, ARE YOU READY? Have you made Jesus LORD of your life? That means have you given God every little inch of your life? Holding back nothing for yourselves. Or are you playing the game Give God alittle, Give yourself alot . Are you man enough or woman enough to say I AM NOT LIVING FOR WHAT THIS WORLD CAN GIVE ME. I AM LIVING FOR JESUS PERIOD! Joshua 24:15 Choose this day whom you will serve, This world and all the pleasures in it? but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord..( Da Rev translation)

Those 9 men headed out that day thinking of everything but dying. Were they ready? ARE WE READY to face a righteous God? Or will we say Lord didn't I do this for you and didn't I do that for you. Lord I went to church once a year. I gave money. Will he say DEPART FROM ME I NEVER KNEW YOU. Keep these 9 men in mind they weren't thinking I am going to die today.

Lord help us. Make us ready. Make us strong. Make us Holy. In Jesus name. Da Rev

vesterblue

View Profile
9 Men By Da Rev
Posted : 20 May, 2015 04:18 PM

vesterblue

View Profile
9 MEN By Da Rev
Posted : 20 May, 2015 04:16 PM

vesterblue

View Profile
The rail road crossing
Posted : 14 Mar, 2015 02:00 PM

The Rail Road Crossing

Da Rev

About a mile from my house is a rail road crossing. Not a nice well maintained crossing, but a horribly rough one. Unfortunately I had to cross it everyday going and coming. When going over it on my bike I would practically have to stand up to keep from bottoming out and hurting my back. I really didn't like this crossing. I wished every time I crossed it someone would come. fix it.

Then it happened. Someone came, and they came and they tore for two days. I would have to stop while they dug and tore.Sometimes I would sit for 10 minutes or more waiting my turn to go. When they would say go I would have to go slow and drop into this 6 inch trench they had dug out it was worse than before.

Two days later though I road over it and it was smooth, clean , new. I could ride over it like riding on air. It was sweet. Now I ride over it and never grumble about how rough and out of joint it was. I never think about my sore back. It don't look back at it at all. I'm to busy enjoy the new crossing.

Now this got me thinking about how in our lives we can have so many things that keep us from growing in Christ. We say yes I'm a Christian, But we're not well maintained. We've let thing chip away at us. Through lack of prayer and bible study. We let corrosives settle on us. Through habits, and bad choices. The weight of the train bares down on us from trying to fit into a world that we don't belong to. Finally we say enough I want someone to come and fix this.

So God comes and he digs and he tares. He makes us stop and wait on him to work. And like the Israelites in the desert we scream this is worse than before. Or the child that has a favorite jacket but he's out grown it. Its time for a new one but he cries NO I WANT MY JACKET. but it no longer fits. So it is with our rail road crossing. God digs out the old broken asphalt, hammers out the old rotten wood. Lays down new rails.

Then when its over we're smooth, clean, new. We've matured. We don't think the same way. We don't act the same way. We know at one time it was there, but it seems like so long ago.

As Christian if we don't grow and renew our selves daily we will stagnate . Well will become like that rail crossing. Paul said we should ask our selves everyday , Am I a Christian? Is my life a reflection of Jesus. Romans 13:13 says Let us walk in decency, as in the day light; not in carousing and drunkenness; not in sexual impurity and promiscuity. Not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ. Make no plans for the flesh.

God wants to take us from glory to glory. But why what for? So his glory can be seen in this world. So men will reach out for something more. That saving grace of Jesus Christ.

MAY THE BLESSINGS OF GOD INSPIRE YOU TO REACH FOR MORE OF HIM.

IN JESUS NAME. Da Rev

vesterblue

View Profile
The Rail road crossing
Posted : 14 Mar, 2015 01:57 PM

The Rail Road Crossing

Da Rev

About a mile from my house is a rail road crossing. Not a nice well maintained crossing, but a horribly rough one. Unfortunately I had to cross it everyday going and coming. When going over it on my bike I would practically have to stand up to keep from bottoming out and hurting my back. I really didn't like this crossing. I wished every time I crossed it someone would come. fix it.

Then it happened. Someone came, and they came and they tore for two days. I would have to stop while they dug and tore.Sometimes I would sit for 10 minutes or more waiting my turn to go. When they would say go I would have to go slow and drop into this 6 inch trench they had dug out it was worse than before.

Two days later though I road over it and it was smooth, clean , new. I could ride over it like riding on air. It was sweet. Now I ride over it and never grumble about how rough and out of joint it was. I never think about my sore back. It don't look back at it at all. I'm to busy enjoy the new crossing.

Now this got me thinking about how in our lives we can have so many things that keep us from growing in Christ. We say yes I'm a Christian, But we're not well maintained. We've let thing chip away at us. Through lack of prayer and bible study. We let corrosives settle on us. Through habits, and bad choices. The weight of the train bares down on us from trying to fit into a world that we don't belong to. Finally we say enough I want someone to come and fix this.

So God comes and he digs and he tares. He makes us stop and wait on him to work. And like the Israelites in the desert we scream this is worse than before. Or the child that has a favorite jacket but he's out grown it. Its time for a new one but he cries NO I WANT MY JACKET. but it no longer fits. So it is with our rail road crossing. God digs out the old broken asphalt, hammers out the old rotten wood. Lays down new rails.

Then when its over we're smooth, clean, new. We've matured. We don't think the same way. We don't act the same way. We know at one time it was there, but it seems like so long ago.

As Christian if we don't grow and renew our selves daily we will stagnate . Well will become like that rail crossing. Paul said we should ask our selves everyday , Am I a Christian? Is my life a reflection of Jesus. Romans 13:13 says Let us walk in decency, as in the day light; not in carousing and drunkenness; not in sexual impurity and promiscuity. Not in quarreling and jealousy. But put on the Lord Jesus Christ. Make no plans for the flesh.

God wants to take us from glory to glory. But why what for? So his glory can be seen in this world. So men will reach out for something more. That saving grace of Jesus Christ.

MAY THE BLESSINGS OF GOD INSPIRE YOU TO REACH FOR MORE OF HIM.

IN JESUS NAME. Da Rev

vesterblue

View Profile
Frnk the Toolman
Posted : 8 Feb, 2015 07:58 AM

Glad you enjoyed it.

vesterblue

View Profile
Frank the Toolman
Posted : 7 Feb, 2015 10:15 AM

Glad you liked it.:waving:

vesterblue

View Profile
Frank the Toolman
Posted : 7 Feb, 2015 09:43 AM

Frank the Tool man.

Da Rev

Frank is the tool man where I work. I see him a few times everyday. I take my old worn out saw blades, and bits to him, and he will replace them with brand new ones. If one of my tools break I know I can count on Frank to fix it right up for me. What I really like about Frank the tool man is that even when he is busy he never chases me away. I am always welcome at the tool shop, and while He may not meet my need at that exact moment I know that he is faithful when he tells me he will.

The more I thought about the job Frank the tool man does. The more that opened my eyes to what God does in my life.

I take my old worn out junk to God, and he doesn't give me worn out junk back. No not at all. God like Frank the tool man replaces it with something brand new. When things in my life break. I know that like Frank the tool man God will fix it right up no matter how badly its broken. And like Frank when I come to God he never chases me away because he's to busy for me and my problems.

God like Frank may not meet my need at that exact moment but he is faithful. I know that what I have ask, that the need I have will be met. I also know that when God meets that need I must thank him for it just like I do Frank the tool man.

If we open our eyes and just look around we can see that God truly is everywhere and in everything.

Lord teach us to trust in your faithfulness in Jesus name Amen.

vesterblue

View Profile
Frnk the Toolman
Posted : 7 Feb, 2015 09:41 AM

Frank the Tool man.

Da Rev

Frank is the tool man where I work. I see him a few times everyday. I take my old worn out saw blades, and bits to him, and he will replace them with brand new ones. If one of my tools break I know I can count on Frank to fix it right up for me. What I really like about Frank the tool man is that even when he is busy he never chases me away. I am always welcome at the tool shop, and while He may not meet my need at that exact moment I know that he is faithful when he tells me he will.

The more I thought about the job Frank the tool man does. The more that opened my eyes to what God does in my life.

I take my old worn out junk to God, and he doesn't give me worn out junk back. No not at all. God like Frank the tool man replaces it with something brand new. When things in my life break. I know that like Frank the tool man God will fix it right up no matter how badly its broken. And like Frank when I come to God he never chases me away because he's to busy for me and my problems.

God like Frank may not meet my need at that exact moment but he is faithful. I know that what I have ask, that the need I have will be met. I also know that when God meets that need I must thank him for it just like I do Frank the tool man.

If we open our eyes and just look around we can see that God truly is everywhere and in everything.

Lord teach us to trust in your faithfulness in Jesus name Amen.