Author Thread
BioBlind

View Profile
Am I missing something?
Posted : 2 Apr, 2016 09:12 PM

Could be any number of things really. Could be a game, sure. My first thought was that he doesn't know what to say, likely disagrees with you, but doesn't want to throw it in your face. The anonymity afforded by being on a website makes it easy to simply walk away without having to say difficult or potentially hurtful things. He keeps checking out your profile? Might be considering if he should go through with it? Maybe hoping you've changed your stance on the topic and noted it in said profile?

... or yeah, any number of possibilities I suppose. Just seems a likely scenario for what you're reporting.

BioBlind

View Profile
why?
Posted : 2 Apr, 2016 08:58 PM

Might it have something to do with general Biblical illiteracy?

Alternatively, consider that men are people, and people have a way of trying to get their way. I watch my kids; they tattle on one another, and bend actual events to better suit their side of the story. If I am ignorant of the events of the actual dispute, perhaps they can beguile me and do as they wish, and sticking it to their sister.

And people take the same attitude with other verses:

"The Bible says 'there is no God!' "

"Well yes, but the WHOLE sentence says 'the fool says there is no God.' "

The 'women submit to your husbands' IS in there yes, but as has already been pointed out, that's only the part they want you to hear.

BioBlind

View Profile
Devolution vs Evolution
Posted : 4 Jun, 2011 07:04 PM

The word "evolution" has taken on a lot of connotations in the world in which we live. If I were to get into an argument with an Evolutionist, we'd probably both agree that evolution is a force of nature that functions on our planet. However, an Evolutionist and a Christian SHOULD disagree on the particulars. An Evolutionist will tell you that evolution, given enough time, can create more complexity than previously existed. Like has been touched on in this thread already, Christians should understand that evolution does in fact lead to change in a population over time ... although not by increasing the amount of information (DNA) available before. Look at the dog; Noah took aboard the ark some dogs that carried the genes for long legs, short legs, long fur, short fur, red fur, black fur, brown fur, low intelligence and lower intelligence still. And why shouldn't God have created His creatures to have just the genes needed to survive in a variety of environments? Heck, if *I* were to create creatures to inhabit a world that changed, I'd hope I'd have given them the genes to adapt along with it. ... although maybe He forgot the "extra survival genes" for the unicorns, which is why we don't see any around anymore? :ROFL: The point though, is that no matter how many poor genes we select for, no matter how rat-like, how diminutive and puntable a chihuahua is, it's still a dog, not a new species. The genes for the chihuahua existed on the ark, it just took some cruel humans and a whole lot of inbreeding to bring those genes out.

Is anyone here familiar with the "Cambrian explosion"? How can anyone believe in evolution and be familiar with the Cambrian explosion?

*You may have noticed that I capitalize the word "Evolutionist" in my writings. I do this because they are a religion: they have their own prophets (like Darwin), holy books (grade school textbooks) and clergy (we call them teachers). Though I also may not agree with a Buddhist, I'll still capitalize "Buddhist."