Author Thread
tbiscuit

View Profile
Atlanta, GA
Posted : 25 Nov, 2007 12:04 PM

Hiya Cece. I was a big Braves fan for a long time, but got frustrated with them a few years ago when they all almost went on strike. I've watched them off and on since then, but not as regularly as I did before all that mess.

I remember the night that the Braves won the division for the first time in forever - it was the 91 season. I was listening on the radio in my bedroom. I should have been in bed because at the time I was working as a baker and had to be at work at 4:00 AM, but I just couldn't stop listening. I got majorly choked up when the game ended- what great times those first few years of great play were!

I've been watching the Falcons since i was 7 years old. We had season tickets when I was a kid and I had them between 99 and 2005. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess. I'm an eternal optimist, though. I know they'll get it together one year soon and will dominate for a few years just like the Braves did.

I read your profile- heck I could benefit from attending your class I'm sure. Sounds like you are really driven to help people. That is really cool.

It would be fun to get a lot of the Atlanta area folks on this site together for an outing, don't you think?

Do you watch the Gladiators? I haven't been to one of their games, but I would like to check them out sometime.

have a great week!

Tom

tbiscuit

View Profile
Holier Than Thou
Posted : 25 Nov, 2007 11:51 AM

ROFL! That is great- did he buy it after the statement, or did he realize he'd been had?

Tom