Author Thread
prov307

View Profile
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 30 Jan, 2022 10:15 AM

I have realized in my life that God has formed each Christian according to His purpose and His plan and our goal should be to become more like Him. We should definitely yield to His and not to people because He is the Father of all creation. It seems that finding a good match match may be like a puzzle where when the right mand and woman meet each other, certain likes, dislikes, interests and all just kind of line up or fall into place. In Christ, that should line up with the Word of God.

prov307

View Profile
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 31 Oct, 2021 08:54 AM

Amen and with God all things are possible. Thanks.

prov307

View Profile
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 31 Oct, 2021 08:52 AM

I have been thinking that lately maybe its better to just get more involved with church activities and that would make things easier. I was involved in a church before in a different state and there were opportunities but I moved to a different state so I guess you really have to take the opportunity when its there. So I guess the first step is to find the right church and get involved. Thank you for your reply and wisdom.

prov307

View Profile
Am I Expecting Too Much
Posted : 30 Oct, 2021 10:08 PM

Ladies, am I asking for or expecting too much? It seems to me that the world wants women to be rude and tough (masculine) and also to dress and carry themselves in very unwholesome ways. I would love to meet a woman who is feminine, kind, sweet, doesn't curse, doesn't drink alcohol, doesn't smoke and dresses modestly (no tight or revealing clothes) and to want to have children. I also would like her to know how to be wise financially (as in being able to save and plan for the future and not feel the need to spend every penny on clothes...). Also while its ok to shop for clothes and want to look good, it bothers me when that seems to be a lady's hobby. Ok and good diet and health and fitness are also a plus. I appreciate any advice you can give.

prov307

View Profile
World keeps and I keep wanting to go home
Posted : 30 Oct, 2021 09:52 PM

Hey Brother Morgan. Just saw your comment and I understand your frustration. I heard a minister once say that if someone is looking for a spouse, they should get busy doing the work of God. Things such as attending church, outreach ministry, prayer ministry, feeding the homeless or whatever else He might have you to do. LIke the Lord Jesus said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you." By doing the work of God, you will be pleasing Him and I have also found that I have made some great friends while working in these ministries. Looking for fellowship opportunities at my home church and other churches such as Sunday Schools, or Bible Studies may also allow you to meet some other believers. I've heard of people meeting their spouses a lot of different ways - sometimes being introduced by a friend or at church or a church event or just at other random places. I know for a fact that there are a lot of ladies out there looking for the right husband and our task as men is to search so we can find them. Be encouraged Bro and never ever give up hope because God always hears the prayers of His children.