Author Thread
gastonlv

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 09:23 AM

See how deceptive sin is? you yourself said, "you felt you were being blessed" and yet, you asked for forgiveness.

gastonlv

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 09:17 AM

That's the problem with living in a post modern "Christian" world. We quit reading the Bible and letting it speak to us and instead read it to fit our wants, needs and desires. Jesus said if you look at another woman with lust you are committing adultery. He didn't say a "married" woman. He said a woman. It is adultery against the relationship you have with Him for one but it also shows what's in your heart. A wandering eye is the same thing. If you are married you should strive to make your wife the object of your affection. It's the second most important covenant you will ever make. The first being your covenant to Christ.

Fornication is sex outside of marriage, period. God may have tolerated but He has never condoned it. Whether you are a virgin or not, divorced or not, sex outside marriage is sin and fornication.

Most sincere Christians struggle to live holy lives but we live in a fallen world inside corrupt bodies that unfortunately, love sin. So, in effect, we all sin. Gal 5:19 talks about the deeds of the flesh which include ALL sins. It says those who "practice" these things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Not those who "stumble" or "struggle" with these things.

If you are looking for excuses to sin, then I would have to wonder if your even saved. If you are struggling to live a pure life and are weak, that's another story. I myself would not flirt with how much sin I can get away with.

God is Holy and he wants you to be the same. Set apart. having a heart after Him. Wanting to do the things that please Him.

So, let's at least be honest about sin... You can't fool God. You can only fool yourself and live in deception and lies. 1 John says it in a nutshell...

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." 1 John 1:5-10

Are we practicing the truth? Are we practicing sin (And denying it as such) and making Him out to be a liar?

gastonlv

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 08:37 AM

I agree with you Lois. God is so good and wants the best for us. He does not change with shifting world views.

The reason God only allows divorce for adultery is because He holds the marriage covenant as high as the blood covenant we made with Christ. it is a mirror covenant.

When the two become one, they really are one in His sight. If one member of that covenant begins having sex with someone outside, they now have formed a covenant of three (or more). One innocent, the rest guilty. That's why it's called adultery, a perversion of something sacred.

God will not hold the innocent to that adulterated covenant. They can divorce themselves and are free to marry again.

In the case of abuse, God provides for separation so the covenant can remain intact. You can't divorce because of abuse. Not because God is hateful but because the covenant has nothing to do with the flesh. It is a spiritual bond that can only be broken through adultary.

Hope some of that made sense

gastonlv

View Profile
Premarital sex
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 08:28 AM

Read your Bibles people! Ever heard the word fornication? It amazes me how we try and rationalize sex before marriage (or any other sin for that matter). There is no provision allowing sex outside of marriage. It's either considered fornication, prostitution or adultery. God made it this way to save you from diseases and to build a relationship on trust. You don't go around trying other people on like a pair of shoes.

I've been divorced since 2003 and have had NO sex outside marriage. I want to honor God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and don't care what society wants to put on me.

If you can't keep it in your pants at least be honest enough to say you are a weak sinner. Don't try and rationalize the Word of God!

gastonlv

View Profile
You ask for a good man, then u r picky????
Posted : 30 May, 2009 05:17 PM

Wow Krise,

I hate to imagine what kind of stuff you are coaching people with. God is no respecter of persons...

Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought...

Consider others better than yourselves...

... and many more

We all have different gifts and are on different levels spiritually. But in Christ we are all the same. God joins the two and I've seen him bring together people that I'm sure your way of thinking would never approve of. Our church janitor is married to a successful doctor in town.

I just don't see where in scripture you can support your "worldy" view that separates and classifies people. Apartheid, cast systems and racism come to mind.

shakin' my head at your comment.

gastonlv

View Profile
You ask for a good man, then u r picky????
Posted : 30 May, 2009 05:02 PM

Haha...well said, brother! You know a good test is how long someone wants to stay on subject with Christ.

I've found some women are really excited and then after a few conversations it's all about what you can offer. Not all, but I'd say most. It's just plain crazy.

Godliness with content is great gain! 1 Tim 6:something