Author Thread
cedarwoody

View Profile
Prayers for marriage reconciliation....
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 08:07 AM

:applause::glow:....Update: Thank you all for your personal responses, it went better than I could have imagined!!! Praise God for His never ending presence!!!! His "sonshine" is truely shining on us!

cedarwoody

View Profile
Prayers for marriage reconciliation....
Posted : 4 Jun, 2009 04:21 AM

Short but urgent request for prayers for my wife and I, as we begin an attempt at counseling today Jun 4th. My previous threads explain the situation here and I feel led to contact all the brothers and sisters in Christ here to pray on our behalf, if you would, that we would both be open to the leading of our Lord as we begin this. Thank you all, in Christ.

cedarwoody

View Profile
More blessings than I deserve
Posted : 8 May, 2009 07:13 AM

I'll add a "Praise God" too! He's always near and wants the best for us. You go girl!!!! :applause::applause::bow:

cedarwoody

View Profile
How does a couple overcome past family sexual molestation issues?
Posted : 1 May, 2009 02:48 PM

:waving: To all who responded lately to my (our) situation, thank you ever so much! Heavensent compassion and advice, and to hear from people with past personal experience with this sort of thing, it's a terrific help! I must tell you all, for the first time in over 2 months, I did call and speak with my wife...........Intended a short conversation, just to touch base so to speak, and we ended up talking about all sorts of subjects and lots of personal feelings. It lasted nearly 3 hrs!!!!! A real honest to goodness conversation that felt warm and comfortable. Maybe a God led 1st step.............Hope so!!!!!!!

cedarwoody

View Profile
Im confused!
Posted : 26 Apr, 2009 07:01 PM

Thought so......... hey, good luck in your searching!

cedarwoody

View Profile
Trouble remaining hopeful...
Posted : 23 Apr, 2009 08:55 AM

My urgent prayers are with you. I can identify with you in your struggles and simply feel that we all have difficult times in our lives, some more difficult than others, some more overpowering than others, and that we need to relate these situations to each other in search for prayer and mutual comfort in our walks with God. And I will pray for you and your situations and i request you pray for me in mine. These are REAL times of trouble and feeling lost in the world we live in, but we do have a God that cares for us, beyond our comprehension. Grab hold of that God and never let go! And again, my prayers are with you! There is a hope there is beyond we can possibly imagine! God bless you!!

cedarwoody

View Profile
Giving Up
Posted : 23 Apr, 2009 08:35 AM

To simple 63, don't know what your situation is, but I've got to tell you, I've been there, expereinced that! And it certainly feels like right now I'm about to experience it again. One thing that I've been shown recently is a new perspective on following Christ and putting him first in my life. Just following at times is not enough, as I've experienced, sometimes we're "blindfolded" in the way we attempt to follow, sometines we have our eyes open and it's still difficult, distractions, human failures or other things can lead to failures or mistakes. Last year I experienced a message that really gave me new hope and drew me closer than ever to Jesus and following him. If you're having a tough time, deciphering what's going on around you, the everpresent why's that sometimes are imposible for us to understand, the "invitation" and suggestion was made through the message I heard was to simply put your hand in his! Let him lead! Walking and talking and experiencing the presence of Jesus in your life as you're hand in hand has been an amazing experience for me. Much the same as holding a childs hand and walking them through life. From my side, the comfort I feel in not only walking with him but him actually holding my hand in his and leading me through the good and the bad in life is beyond what I ever would have imagined. And such a simple but life changing premise. I've found that through good times and bad, tough times especially, a decision to hold onto Him as tighly as I can, and just simply that, makes His presence and his influence and comfort in my life so much more real that I guess my reaction has to be one of DUH! why didn't I think of that. The fact is, that we just don't, and all the theology in the wold won't give you the comfort that this simple act will do. Just relating a life changing event and concept that occured in my life, that may help others in thier walk and searching, through life's struggles. God bless you in your walk!

cedarwoody

View Profile
Im confused!
Posted : 22 Apr, 2009 10:27 PM

just read your page, you sound terrific! It should more than enough to draw some interst. Hey, I'd question the playing in thunderstorms part tho. Rain yeah, I agree, but watch out in the storms. lol.

cedarwoody

View Profile
Posted : 22 Apr, 2009 09:18 PM

To Linnie41, to answer your question, she is very much a believer, amazingly to me, in spite of or because of her past. But I think, of course, she has questioned her faith through all of this. She went through a period of "adjustment" internally with her inner personality dividing into several different persons or figures. Most as children of varying characteristics, and one primary "adult" figure she labels, yes, I said" labels" not "labeled", as The Protector. Not a figure of something or someone that can "attack or defend", just a "shield" figure.

I should add that as of almost 2 yrs. ago, she injured 2 adjacent vertebra in her back, shoulder blade area, has been in increasing pain terribly ever since. Medical costs have eaten away nearly every penney we've had to cover expenses pertaining to this condition. She currently can't walk without a 4 wheeled walker, is drawing s.sec. disability, her right arm and leg strength is ever weakening. And SHE decides to move out and go it alone? I do think there's a trace of " I don't want to put you through any more of this" so maybe the separation came from some strange vein of love, of sorts, from an angle of out of sight, out of mind? " I don't want my misery to affect/ruin your life." I don't know.

As I responded to Leon above, I've basically taken the position of "honoring" her desire for separation but I've got to tell you, it's pretty well driving me crazy. And seems like an unbelievable nightmare at times. The basic issue to me is how do I stand by her without being able to stand by her? I could easily take the separation a step further and file for divoce and be done with it, which is not, in my humble opinion a Christian option, or spend the rest of my life married but separated. I have nothing more at this point that I can give her, and because of divided incomes I'm going to lose our home to forclosure. If this is all a big "test" for me or for us, I've got to admit it's by far the most difficult I've ever faced. Well, enough from me, except that I consider it's all in God's hands and we'll see. Thank you for your responses and caring. Sincerely!

cedarwoody

View Profile
Posted : 22 Apr, 2009 08:36 PM

First off, thanks Leon, for your take. Interesting perspective and will certainly take it to heart. I have already taken a position of "standing on ths sidelines", so to speak, have not spoken with her in nearly 2 months. (She only lives maybe 10 minutes away, btw.) Have to tell you though, it's taking nearly everything I can muster to not "leave the ballpark" altogether. It was her decision to leave everything we had behind, and it has to be her decision for whatever's in the future. At this point in time, I will not take the initiative, of any sort, to get in contact with her. Thanks again for your thoughts.

Page : 1 2 3